This is about my life with my 5 yr old daughter who has mild to moderate spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Schizencephaly ,Partial Seizures, Allergies, Asthma. And the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis along with the new challenges that we will be faced with as our family expands to include another baby girl.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Just cant catch a break
So Ms Audrianna woke up at 8:30am more like I woke up to her screaming at the top of her lungs at 8:30am over the baby monitor. So I Went upstairs and was carrying her downstairs but she was still crying so I asked whats wrong and she pointed to her head. She did feel a bit warm to me but she always feels warm to me. so I put her on the couch and took her temp we have a forehead/ear thermometer Its a lifesave when shes cranky just slide it across her forehead and its done. So Sure enough Audrianna had a temp 101.8 so I waited a few minutes since she had been crying and took her temp again 101.5. So I called her dad and he said take her to the ER I decided to call her dr first since she did get the botox on wednesday and she did have a reaction before but last time it took 7 days and the fever showed up after everything else. So The nurse calls me back right away and she asks how soon I can get there. She schedules the appointment for 9:45am the drive there was awful it was pouring rain and I had to take the pike to get there. We get there didnt have to wait that long her drs office does urgent care visits on the weekends and there was noone in the waiting room. So the dr sees her wasnt her pediatrician again he wasnt in. Funny enough it was actually my primary care dr. So she checks audrianna out ears are fine, throat is fine, lungs sound fine, So She decides to cath audrianna to get a urine sample. Her urine had a small trace of something in it but her urine has always been that way. So She decides that she has no idea why audrianna has a fever plus audrianna was really alert and happy until the cath then afterwards she became lethargic. So the dr sends us home tells me to give her something for the motrin and try to get audrianna to nap but if Audriannas temp goes to 102.5 to bring her to the er and if she just has a fever tommorow like 101 to call the drs office and get her in to get labs drawn so they can figure it all out. And just to keep and eye on her. Audrianna took a nap shes awake now she got motrin and her temp went down to 100.4 Im praying it stays down or goes lower. Shes also lost more weight so we are hoping she gets better before the surgery cause its very clear she needs the surgery
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment