This is about my life with my 5 yr old daughter who has mild to moderate spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Schizencephaly ,Partial Seizures, Allergies, Asthma. And the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis along with the new challenges that we will be faced with as our family expands to include another baby girl.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
scary seizure and a sick child
I should know by now that I can't get housework done. I was cleaning the bedroom and audrianna was on the floor playing with her toys. I had just finished the bedroom and was going to move on to the livingroom. But decided to pause for a moment and lay on the bed. I laid down but could see Audrianna she was just fine playing all of a sudden. She started whining really quiet so I got up to see why she was whining. I looked at her she looked out of it like when she has her seizures so I started calling her name this went on for 5 minutes then she came to and she looked scared to death and she looked like she didnt recognize me she immediatly started crying I called Stephen told him to get home asap, then I called the neurologists office audriannas neurologist was on call. The nurse said she would have her call us. At this point I was panicking audrianna was still acting weird so j called my friend. Audrianna ended up screaming something awful then she sounded a little gurgly so I grabbed a bucket next thing you know audrianna gets sick and then she passes out on me. The neurologist called me back had us give audrianna 2ml of depokene right away she's already on 2ml's three times a day. She also said giver her one more 2ml dose like usual before bed and to start her on 2.5ml 3 x's a day. She also said some people do get sick after having a seizure but if she gets sick again and develops a fever to call our ped. Audrianna did get sick once more and then she fell asleep for an hr she was screaming do bad when awake. At 6pm she took a bath then she tried to eat some oyster crackers and then she tried to drink a little. No fever I did give her Tylenol though and she was in bed by 7pm and is still currently asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment