Saturday, October 2, 2010

When is cerebral palsy detected and a Doopsy diaper review and giveaway Closed

What are the early signs?


Early signs of cerebral palsy usually appear before 18 months of age, and parents are often the first to suspect that their infant is not developing motor skills normally. Infants with cerebral palsy are frequently slow to reach developmental milestones such as: learning to roll over, sit, crawl, smile, or walk. This is sometimes called developmental delay.
This was how we knew something just wasnt't right with audrianna, she couldnt roll over, she always kept her hands fisted.  We knew by the time she was 5 months old that something wasnt right.


Some affected children have abnormal muscle tone. Decreased muscle tone is called hypotonia, the baby may seem flaccid and relaxed, even floppy. Increased muscle tone is called hypertonia, and the baby may seem stiff or rigid. In some cases, the baby has an early period of hypotonia that progresses to hypertonia after the first two to three months of life. Affected children may also have unusual posture or favor one side of their body.



Parents who are concerned about their baby’s development for any reason should contact their physician, who can help distinguish normal variation in development from a developmental disorder

Trust your instincts.


Doopsy Diaper review and Giveaway

Joana weber the women behind Doopsy Diapers was nice enough to send me a Doopsy "SD" Diaper, 1 Minkee Super Doopsy insert and a FuzziBunz organic changing pad to review. 

At first when we got the diaper it did not fit charlee because she was only 5lbs 15oz at birth Joana said That he doopsy diaper fits best on babies 10lbs and up.  Well I am pleased to say that at 8lbs 1.5 oz Charlee fits in her Doopsy  Diaper in fact she fit in it at 7lbs 15oz. 
I seriously would love to come across a diaper that we don't like but so far that has not occured.  I was very pleased with our doopsy diaper and have decided that this diaper will probably be our night time diaper. 

The only thing I wasnt really found of was the way the insert was.  Audrianna loved it tho she ran around the house using it like a sock puppet I kinda wish i took a picture of it.  But other then that the craftmanship was great, the diaper is super soft, so are the minky inserts, The snaps work great.  and I really like the oraange color.





do you want a chance to win a Doopsy "SD" Diaper Original


Mandatory Entries.

How old was Audrianna when we noticed something wasnt right?

Follow me via GFC

Follow Doopsy diaper on Facebook and tell her I sent you.

Other ways to enter.

Follow Doopsy diapers on twitter

Follow me on twitter

Follow BabyEcoMart on facebook

tweet about this giveaway using @momtoablessing @doopsy diaper and linking it back her please leave a comment with perma link



Giveaway ends October 15th at midnite 11pm EST.  winner will be notified and have 48hrs to contact me before I draw a knew winner.  Please leave your email address at the end of each comment so I can have a way to contact you if you win.

RANDOM ORG CHOSE NUMBER 110 IF YOU DIDNT HAVE YOU EMAIL UNDER EACH ENTRY T DIDNT COUNT SO THE WINNER IS 110 Thursday, October 14, 2010


Chill Will said...

I follow you on twitter

@deedeejw2493690

williamstd2010@aol.com

I will be emailing you u have 48 hrs to contact me back from when i sent email if i dont hear from you a new winner will be drawn


136 comments:

Cyndi said...

5 months old when you realized something was wrong.

Cyndi said...

I follow you via GFC

Cyndi said...

follow doopsy on fb (I already did, but showed some love from you!)

Cyndi said...

I follow doopsy on twitter. Cyndi_bb

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

I follow you on twitter! Cyndi_bb

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

tweeted the giveaway: http://twitter.com/cyndi_bb/status/26277974411

cyndi_steinke@hotmail.com

Cyndi said...

Like BEM on fb.

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Lindsey said...

She was 5 months old.
lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

Lindsey said...

I follow you via GFC now.
lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

Lindsey said...

I already like Doopsy!
lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

Lindsey said...

I follow Doopsy on Twitter.
lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

Lindsey said...

I'm following you on Twitter.
lindseygalvez at gmail dot com

Luv to Save said...

At 5 months you noticed there was something wrong.
luvtosave at gmail.com

Luv to Save said...

I'm a new follower. Found your blog from SoftBums blog.
luvtosave at gmail.com

Luv to Save said...

Follow Doopsy diapers on twitter as luv_to_save
luvtosave at gmail.com

Luv to Save said...

I follow you on twitter as luv_to_save
luvtosave at gmail.com

Tiffany said...

She was 5 months old when you discovered that something was wrong.
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

google follower
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

doopsy twitter follower
tiffyy2010
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

your twitter follower
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
tiffyy2010

Tiffany said...

following babyecomart
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/Tiffyy2010/status/26507394203
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Jen and Andy said...

5 months old

Jen and Andy said...

I follow Doopsy on facebook

Jen and Andy said...

I follow Doopsy on twitter @JenLee3838

Jen and Andy said...

I follow you on twitter @JenLee3838

Jen and Andy said...

I follow Baby Eco Mart on facebook

Jen and Andy said...

I follow you via GFC

Tara said...

5 months old
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

I follow you via GFC
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

already follow Doopsy diaper on Facebook
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

Follow Doopsy diapers on twitter @curious_kitty
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

Follow you on twitter @curious_kitty
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

http://twitter.com/curious_kitty/status/26674208470
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tannis said...

By 5 months you knew something was wasn't right with your daughter.
tannis_z at excite dot com

Tannis said...

Follow Doopsy Diaper on FB and told them you sent me.
tannis_z at excite dot com

Lauren Ali said...

Following your blog

ellay4402 at yahoo dot com

Lauren Ali said...

She was 5 months old. :(

ellay4402 at yahoo dot com

Lauren Ali said...

Already a Doopsy fan. :)

ellay4402 at yahoo dot com

Lauren Ali said...

Following you on Twitter

ellay4402 at yahoo dot com

Lauren Ali said...

Following Doopsy on Twitter

ellay4402 at yahoo dot com

Lauren Ali said...

Already a BabyEcoMart fan on FB :)

ellay4402 at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

Audrianna was 5 months old!
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

I follow you via GFC.
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

I follow doopsy on FB and I left a note saying you sent me :)
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

I follow doopsy on Twitter @oregongal1
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

I follow you on twitter @oregongal1
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

I follow baby eco mart on FB.
ANgela Ross Heffner
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

♥Mama of the Littles♥ said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/oregongal1/status/27196358273
angela_heffner at yahoo dot com

Ashley R said...

Audrianna was 5 months old.
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

Follow you on GFC! (Ashley R)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

"Like" Doopsy on FB and said that you sent me! (Ashley Reynolds)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

Follow Doopsy on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

Follow you on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

"Like" BabyEcoMart on FB! (Ashley Reynolds)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

"Like" EcoBabyMart (Joana Weber) on FB! (Ashley Reynolds)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

carly said...

SHe was 5 months old. thanks for raising awareness
csilve03 at yahoo dot com

carly said...

i follow you via gfc
csilve03 at yahoo dot com

carly said...

i follow doopsy on fb
csilve03 at yahoo dot com

carly said...

i follow doopsy on twitter
csilve03 at yahoo dot com

carly said...

i follow you on twitter
csilve03 at yahoo dot com

Allison said...

SHe was 5 months old when you noticed something was wrong.

BTW, my niece has sczencephaly. You are the only other person I have ever came across who also is familiar.

hannahsking at gmail dot com

carly said...

like BEM on facebook
csilve03 at yahoo dot com

Allison said...

fan of doopsy on fb

hannahsking at gmail dot com

Allison said...

follow your blog

hannahsking at gmail dot com

Allison said...

Follow Doopsy on twitter

hannahsking at gmail dot com

Allison said...

Follow you on twitter

hannahsking at gmail dot com

Allison said...

fan of babyecomart on fb

hannahsking at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

What a precious little baby!! She was just 5 months old when you noticed she was different. But she truly is a blessing!

theclothspring at hotmail.com

Lisa said...

5 months old

Lisa said...

i follow you on GFC

Lisa said...

I follow doopsy on fb

Lisa said...

i follow doopsy on twitter
@lleslein

Lisa said...

i follow you on twitter @lleslein

Lisa said...

i like BabyEcoMart on fb

Lisa said...

i tweeted http://twitter.com/lleslein/status/27209650503

Lisa said...

forgot to give my email jackson_marie (at) hotmail (dot) com

Bao said...

Audrianna was 5 months old.
giabao.ng @ gmail

Bao said...

Following w/GFC.
giabao.ng @ gmail

Bao said...

Following Doopsy on FB.
giabao.ng @ gmail

Bao said...

Following BabyEcoMart on FB.
giabao.ng @ gmail

Tiffany said...

5 months old when you realized something wasn't right.
ETWilkins at gmail dot come

Tiffany said...

I follow you through GFC.

Tiffany said...

I follow Doopsy on FB and left a message.

Tiffany said...

I follow Doopsy on Twitter.

Tiffany said...

I follow you on Twitter.

Tiffany said...

I follow babyecomart on twitter.

Tiffany said...

I am a fan of Baby Eco Mart on FB.

chrissytina00 said...

5 months

chrissytina00 at hotmail dot com

maddysmomma said...

I follow your blog!
tlstolze at yahoo dot com

maddysmomma said...

I already follow doopsy on FB
tlstolze at yahoo dot com

maddysmomma said...

I already follow baby ecomart on FB
tlstolze at yahoo dot com

maddysmomma said...

Your DD was 5 months.

tlstolze at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

She was 5 months old when you noticed something was different about her.

Lona728@ yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

GFC follower (Lona728)
Lona728@ yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

following Doopsy Diaper on twitter (Lona728)
Lona728@ yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

following momtoablessing on twitter (Lona728)
Lona728@ yahoo dot com

Meg said...

You knew something was wrong by the time Audrianna was five months old :(
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow your blog on Google Friend Connect
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow Doopsy on Facebook and I let her know you sent me (FB name = Lego)
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow Doopsy on Twitter (@legoisking)
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow you on Twitter (@legoisking)
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow BabyEcoMart on Facebook (FB name = Lego)
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/#!/legoisking/status/27279933709
legoisking at gmail dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

she was 5 months old and couldn't roll over

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

I follow you via GFC

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

I like Doopsy on facebook and told them u sent me ! :)

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

I follow Doopsy on twitter

@SAPsmama

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

I follow you on twitter

@SAPsmaMa

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/27308874880

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa said...

I like babyecomart on facebook!

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

Marci said...

Auds was 5 months old when you noticed

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I follow via gfc

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

already following Doopsy on FB

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I follow Doopsy on twitter

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I follow you on twitter

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I follow Baby Eco Mart on facebook

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

tweeted http://twitter.com/TheMarciFactor/statuses/27309399762

@TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

She was 5 months old!
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow you via GFC
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow Doopsy on FB
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow Doopsy on Twitter
@whatmamawants
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I follow you on Twitter
@whatmamawants
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I like BabyEcoMart on FB
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Chill Will said...

Audrianna was 5 months.
williamstd2010@aol.com

Chill Will said...

Blog follower
williamstd2010@aol.com

Chill Will said...

Fan of doopsy already
williamstd2010@aol.com

Chill Will said...

I am a twitter follower of doopsy
@deedeejw2493690
williamstd2010@aol.com

Chill Will said...

I follow you on twitter
@deedeejw2493690
williamstd2010@aol.com

Chill Will said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/deedeejw2493690/status/27384788013
williamstd2010@aol.com

Andie (Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth) said...

Audrianna was 5 months old.

andiemarie923(at)gmail(dot)com

Andie (Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth) said...

I follow you via GFC.

andiemarie923(at)gmail(dot)com

Andie (Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth) said...

I follow Doopsy diaper on Facebook.

Andieamarie923(at)gmail(dot)com

Andie (Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth) said...

I follow Doopsy diapers on twitter

andiemarie923(at)gmail(dot)com

Andie (Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth) said...

I follow you on twitter.

andiemarie923(at)gmail(dot)com

Andie (Goodbye Disposable, Hello Cloth) said...

I follow BabyEcoMart on facebook

andiemarie923(at)gmail(dot)com