Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baby Bond Nursing cover

I was super excited to beable to review a baby bond nursing cover.  Charlee is 2 months old and I own 2 nursing tops, 1 nursing bra, and one other nursing cover yup thats it.  And we travel alot and I am pretty set on breastfeeding charlee as long as  I can or  atleast through the first year.  with Audrianna she nursed til she was around 2-3 years old.  By then tho it was breastmilk that I pumped into a bottle for her.  anyways with all the traveling I must admit I have been the mom that hides in the bathroom to nurse or in the back seat of the car since our windows are tinted.  But I am proud to breastfeed and wanted to be able to nurse anytime anywhere.  Thanks to Baby Bond I am now able to :)

Theres pictures on how to use your nursing cover on both the nursing sash itself and on the box it came in.  I had a really hard time figureing out how to use my nursing cover and went on youtube to learn how.  I really wish it came with an instructional video but it doesnt.

I love how soft the fabric is for the nursing cover it makes i so comfortable to wear and it won't scratch the babys tender skin on her face while nursing. Unlike some nursing covers out there that are just so itchy and uncomfortable. 

The BabyBond Couture is a hybrid nursing top that can be worn two different ways. You can either wear it over your top as a sash, or under your top as a belly band. When worn over your top, it works exactly like the Original and Flex line. It simply functions as a nursing top. When worn under your top, it works as a belly band to cover up your belly that would otherwise be exposed when lifting your top to nurse.

I prefer to wear it under my shirt like a belly band the best part about this is i can wear it under my shirt all day and it looks like I am just wearing my shirt layered and the tail adds a fancy stylist twist .  and because it keeps my belly and my breast covered when I am nursing I can easily lift the side of my shirt I plan on using to nurse my baby and prepare my breast to nurse and I can breastfeed my 2 month old comfortably without making others around me feel uncomfortable and without having to throw a blanket or some sort of cover up over the baby making it so that her and i can't make eye contact and share that special bonding time.  If your anything like me and you are nursing.  I enjoy when my daughter looks at me wth her baby blue eyes and flashes her lil milky smile at me.  Sometimes she can be the chatty nurser too. 

Ok anyways what does nursing have to do with cerebral palsy anyways right.

Breastfeeding has a special benefit for premature infants. Premature babies are those who are delivered before 37 weeks of gestation. The mother's milk, under such circumstances, helps in supplying important nutrients to the premature infant. These nutrients help the premature infant to not only survive but also develop a strong immunity against possible infections. Such infants develop the immunity to protect themselves from a bowel inflammation disease (Necrotizing Enterocolitis).

Babies with medical problems since their birth, such as congenital heart disease, Down's syndrome, and many similar disorders develop immunity for such diseases by breastfeeding. Oral suckling of breast milk by the baby contributes to their optimal oral development and there is less risk of malocclusion. There is a higher risk of baby bottle tooth decay in other babies who are bottle-fed.

I honestly feel that nursing Audrianna as long as I did is what kept her as healthy as she is and maintain the weight gain she needed to keep herself healthy.   When I was in the hospital after giving birth to charlee i met with the lactation consultant my choice I had asked to meet with her.  If you are ever given that opportunity I highly recommend it.  Anyways not only did she help me with Charlee who was tongue tied and had to have her frenulum clipped which led to her having to relearn how to latch on when nursing.  She recommended the use of a nipple shield til Charlee got the hang of latching properly it took 16 days I could have given up but I didn't.  Anyways we also talked about Audrianna and how long i breastfed her for thats when she told me that Special needs children who breastfeed thrive better then special needs children who don't the longer you nurse them the better they thrive that might explain partially how audrianna has come so far.  After all we were pretty much told she would be a vegetable her whole life.  and she is doing pretty much everything we were told she wasn't going to be able to do except for a few things but shes still overcome many obsticles in 5 years and will still overcome more in her lifetime. 

Missy has been generous to offer all my fans a 75% discount on our site for any reader who orders a BabyBond on babiesrus.com! You will be able to buy 2 BabyBonds for less than $46!!!


All you need to do is email a copy of your receipt from bru.com to missy@babybondnursing.com and she will reply with the discount code that will allow them to order another BabyBond on her site with 75% off. you will need to place your order on bru.com within 3 days of my review post date and with babybond within 24 hours of receiving the discount code. 

because she was so genrous to do this I would like you to do the following

Follow babybond on twitter  and let her know I sent you

like baby bond on facebook and let her know I sent you

Follow me  publically via GFC

Yup simple thats all you have to do.




 

No comments: