Its kinda a must in this house because audrianna can get sick easily and in the past most illnesses wound her up in the hospital a simple cold wound her up in the hospital with rsv as a 1 yr old, stomach virus she got rotovirus ect. a 100 degree temp for higher lead to an increase in seizures. So yup having audrianna vaccinated is a must and to protect her we also are up to date with our vaccines. cause Audrianna can't get the flu shot due to egg allergies my fiance and I got our flu vaccinations I got the dtap vaccine immediatly after having charlee.
Charlee got her 1 month dtap vaccine and today went in for her 2 month vaccines which included a rotovirus vaccine that was given orally. yes shes miserable right now but it will pass. everybody is always so quick to point the blame on everything. like mmr causing autisim when the truth is noone is quite sure what causes it.
because Audriannas cerebral palsy wasnt detected til 5 months I had people ask me if she was vaccinated and if the vaccinations caused it. No the vaccinations did not cause her cerebral palsy. Also no cerebral palsy is not contagious. yes I had a mama run out of the playroom at the childrens hospital with her child because the mother thought audriannas cerebral palsy was contagious.
in all honesty i am proud that we are all up to date on vaccinations because we are protecting audrianna from getting really sick and possibly dying. And even her sister. We had a scary few weeks a month before charlee was born well my fiance had been very very sick to the point he couldn't get out of bed and I was terrified not only for him but for audrianna catching it. Because he didnt have health insurance at the time He does now. I sent him to the local clinic. where not only was his asthma acting up but they suspected he might have pneumonia and whooping cough. so he had to go in and get blood work. While we sat and waited for the results I had called audriannas pediatrician because my fiances dr told him that audrianna's health issues and me being pregnant put both of us at risk of catching it and getting very sick and if i went into labor and the baby got it she could die. So i called my daughters pediatrician thankfully because she was up to date on her dtap vaccine she would be fine. and as for me I just needed to let my OB know if my fiances results came back positive. Thankfully we found out a week later that he was fine but I still chose to get the dtap vaccine after I delivered charlee better safe then sorry. Audrianna usually gets a small reaction to each vaccine she gets when she got her measles vaccine she got a very mild case of the measles but you know what I will take that and her getting low grade fevers over her getting a bad case of the measles, whooping cough, if theres ever an outbreak of polio ect.
If you want an idea on how easily audrianna used to get sick shes doing alot better now that shes getting older and bigger. In preschool until she entered kindergarten she was in preschool for 2 years anyways her teacher used to send home a not to all parents stating if there child was sick or even had a cold to keep them home from school because there was a student in the class who got sick very easily. of course some parents chose not to listen and no matter how hard we tried to prevent her from getting sick she still missed school. Sometimes the school nurse would give us a heads up if there was some sort of virus going around the school we would choose to keep audrianna home.
Ok anyways now for my SodaStream review and Giveaway
I contacted sodastream about sponsoring my cerebral palsy awareness event and they were more then happy to send me a product to review. I was so excited when the ups guy delivered my SodaStream
when I opened the shipping box it contained the SodaStream Fountain Jet Starter Kit which includes:
•Fountain Jet Home Soda Maker
•1 60 liter Carbonator
•2 Carbonating Bottles
I also was sent 3 sparkling water flavor syrups the flavors were Berry, lemon-lime and Orange
the sparkling water flavors come in 40ml bottles and makes about 20 servings it says add 1 drop to sparkling water to add a splash of flavor
I was also sent the following flavored soda mixes each bottle is 500 ml 16.9fl oz makes 50 servings
(12 liters)
The flavors I got were:
Cola
Rootbeer
Diet Lemon Lime
Energy -taste like redbull
Pink Grapefruit
Diet Lemonaide
Cranberry Rasberry
Orange -Mango
We are pretty big soda drinkers in this house well myself and fiance. audrianna prefers selzter water or club soda mixed in with her juices which we then call soda. So I am sure you can imangine my excitement when the package arrived at the door
First step is to add tap water til the fill line on the bottle make sure its cold water. I added filtered water from our tap |
| Then you want to push the grey button on the top I think I pushed it 3 times you want to press and hold, then you will hear this annoying high pitch sound you want to push and hear that 3 times. |
| The best part was disconnecting the bottle from the SodaStream Machine after adding the Bubbles. It sounds like opening an air chamber for something. |
| I chose cola as my choice for soda |
\\
| Then I filled the cap with the cola syrup |
I really really like my soda machine and the flavors are all pretty good I am not a fan of thye energy drink but thats because it taste like redbull and well i hate redbull but my fiance absolutly loves his redbull. I am hoping to find out where to get a new CO2 tank locally. and i wish it came with two tanks but u can buy the bigger starter kit and get 2 tanks.
As fun as it seems only carbonate water dont put the mixture in then carbonate it, dont carbonate koolaide ect. The manual specifically says you can not carbonate anything but pure water or you may damage the machine so you would most likely void your warranty if you do so.
I love my machine no more trips to the store to run out and buy soda when company is comming over or when theres unexpected company. audrianna gets her flavored fizzy drinks I just poor half the carbonated water into half a sippy cup of her juice and walah she has her carbonated soda. She is a really really big fan of her bubbly flavored seltzer water.
The carbonator is good for 60 bottles of water so what do you do when the carbonator is empty so if you make a bottle up once a day then the carbonator is good for 2 months.
they offer a pick-up and by-mail replacement service. Technically, the carbonator isn't sold to you - its simply "loaned" and remains the property of Sodastream. When it runs out, you either call their 800 number or place an order online for a replacement carbonator. They'll either schedule a driver to come pick up your charger from your front porch and leave a new one, or if that's not possible, they'll ship it to you UPS along with a pre-paid box to send back your old one. Since I only have one charger, it looks like my only option is the "Carbonator Kit C", where I send back one empty and get three full ones in return, for $62.49.
I know some stores like sonoma williams you can replace the carbonator there i have yet to have looked into this but I am sure I will at some point.
anyways SodaStream has been generous enough to offer one of my lucky fans there own Fountain Jet Starter Kit.
Please leave your email address with each comment or it wont be valid. Giveaway will end October 30th at midnite EST. I will give the winner 48 hrs to contact me after I contact them if i don't hear back a new winner will be selected.
Mandatory Entries:
You Must be a follower or follow my blog publically Via Google Friend Connect
Become a fan of SodaStream on Facebook and tell them I sent you and thank them for the giveaway
Follow SodaStream on Twitter and tell them I sent you
Go to the SodaStream Store and tell me one flavor you would like to try
Why do we choose to vaccinate
Other ways to enter
Tweet, blog , share on facebook about this giveaway and come back leaving me a comment with the permalink. You can share on facebook and twitter once a day and come back each time with your comment til the giveaway ends.
Subscribe to my blog
Enter one of my other giveaways and leave a comment with which givaway (2 entries)
Follow me on twitter @momtoablessing

45 comments:
follow you on GFC
love2bgigi@gmail.com
their FB fan as cindy clarke
love2bgigi@gmail.com
(told them you sent me)
follow them on twitter as love2bgigi
love2bgigi@gmail.com
want to try their coke zero equivalent
love2bgigi@gmail.com
follow you on twitter as love2bgigi
love2bgigi@gmail.com
you vaccinate to help ensure your angel does not get sick thus become sicker
love2bgigi@gmail.com
I subscribe - love2bgigi@gmail.com
entered the soft bums giveaway
love2bgigi@gmail.com
entered your soft bums giveaway
love2bgigi@gmail.com
I am a blog follower.
Became a fan, and thanked them!
Following them on Twitter!
I'd like to try Sparkling Naturals- Orange Pineapple
You choose to vaccinate so that your kids don't get sick. With CP, you are already more susceptable to sickness.
beautyformyashes@hotmail.com
following you on twitter
Im following you on google friends
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/SodaStream?v=app_10531514314#!/SodaStream/posts/444886841308
became a fan and posted on their wall
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
following soda stream on twitter and tweeted that you sent me
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
I would love to try either cherry cola or the energy drink flavor
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
im following you on twitter
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
you choose to get vaccinated to make sure auds does not get sick. she is easilly infected by most things.
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=550225296#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=162291547124278&id=550225296
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
I Like Sodastream on Facebook and thanked them.
khaymax at hotmail dot com
I follow Soda Stream on Twitter. @khaymax
khaymax at hotmail dot com
I would like to try the Pink Grapefruit flavor.
khaymax at hotmail dot com
You choose to vaccinate because your eldest daughter gets sick very easily and even little illness can turn serious for her.
khaymax at hotmail dot com
I entered the Apple Cheeks giveaway. #1
khaymax at hotmail dot com
I entered the Apple Cheeks giveaway. #2
khaymax at hotmail dot com
I entered the uncommonly cute giveaway. #1
khaymax at hotmail dot
I entered the uncommonly cute giveaway. #2
khaymax at hotmail dot
I entered the ecomom giveaway
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
I entered the glee gum giveaway
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
public follower
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
facebook fan
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
twitter follower of theirs
tiffyy2010
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
I'd love rootbeer!
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
You vaccinate to prevent Audriana from osspibly getting very sick.
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
following you on twitter
tiffyy2010
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
subscriber
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
Entered applecheeks 1
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
Entered applecheeks 2
hismrs2010 at aol dot com
Follow you on GFC! (Ashley R)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
"Like" Sodastream on FB and I wrote on their wall that you sent me, and thanked them for the giveaway! (Ashley Reynolds)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
Follow Sodastream on twitter and tweeted that you sent me! (@reynoldsmom)
http://twitter.com/reynoldsmom/status/29207195099
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
I would like the try the Cola flavor!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
You choose the vaccinate because if Audrianna gets sick, she gets sicker than most kids because of her CP. It can land her in the hospital which is not fun!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
Follow you on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
Entered your Applecheecks giveaway!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
#1
Entered your Applecheecks giveaway!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
#2
Post a Comment