Egg allergies actually are one of he most common childhood allergies to. Both the yolk and the white of eggs are made of numerous proteins and are therefore potentially allergenic, although egg whites cause more reactions than yolks. Although most egg allergies begin in childhood, in rare cases egg allergies develop at older ages. So if you or an adolescent child develop allergy symptoms after consuming eggs, consult an allergist. As many as two-thirds of children who are allergic to eggs outgrow their egg allergies by age seven. Its funny cause Audrianna is allergic to egg yolks and not egg whites. Some people who are allergic to eggs can be allergic to chicken weird right. thats because there is a protein that is found both in eggs and in chicken which is alpha-livetin, or chicken serum albumin. Audrianna isn't allergic to chicken but shes not a big fan of eatting chicken either. She also can not get the flu vaccine so we do instead since she has a weaker immune system. If your allergic to eggs heres the ingredients you should watch for and avoid.
•Eggs, egg whites, egg yolks, powdered eggs, or any ingredient containing a form of the word "egg"
•Ovoalbumin, ovomucin, ovomucoid, ovovitellin, or any ingredient with the prefix "ovo-" or "ova-" (meaning "egg" in Latin)
•Albumin
•Globulin
•Livetin
•Lysozyme
•Aioli
•Mayonnaise
•Simplesse™
•Meringue
Be aware of the possible presence of eggs in:
•Thickened sauces. Hollandaise, Béarnaise, arlésienne, rémoulade, aïoli, and mayonnaise are among the most common, but numerous sauces are derived from these and may contain eggs. Always check labels and ask before ordering any food with a sauce in a restaurant.
•Baked goods, especially cakes, cookies, zwieback, crackers, pancakes, waffles, doughnuts, and pretzels. Breads with a shiny crust or yellow coloring may have been brushed with an egg wash.
•Noodles and pasta.
•Soups and casseroles, including powdered mixes.
•Meat loaf, meatballs, croquettes, sausages, and similar meat dishes.
•Ice cream (especially Italian-style gelato and high-fat premium brands of ice cream), frozen custard, sherbet, pudding, divinity, jelly beans, filled chocolates, and similar desserts.
•Baking powder.
•Consommé (may be clarified with eggshells).
•Breaded meats or vegetables (may be breaded with eggs, flour, and/or dairy; ask before ordering).
Ok anyways I could go on and on about allergies but I want to get this review and giveaway up that is perfect for anyone with allergies.
Glee Gum does not contain any of the eight major food allergens: milk, egg, fish, Crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts, or soybeans. However, all six flavors of Glee Gum contain glucose derived from corn, which may not be safe for individuals with corn allergies. Also, though all Glee Gum is soy free, please note that other products containing soy lecithin are processed in the same facility as Glee Gum. If you have any additional questions related to allergens
I was sent a make your own gummy kit from margurite at glee gum The box does say ages 8 and up but I figured audrianna might be able to do it. im gonna add a bunch of pictures so I will review each process.
| First we added the the dried seaweed to the bowl of water to soak. |
| As the seaweed was drying Audrianna cleaned up and then dried her melissa and doud Lacing beads that she wanted to use as molds |
| Then Audrianna smoothed out the molding starch on a dinner plate of course she had adult supervision :) |
| Then Audrianna picked out what shape she wanted to try first |
| Just checking in on the seaweed |
| Mixing the dried seaweed |
waiting for the mixture to foam
| Audriannas initials which were drawn in the starch by an adult and of course the mixture was also poured by an adult. |
| what it looked like after being in the fridge for 15 minutes |
Facebook and let her know I sent you and then come back here and leave he perma link.How old was audrianna when she developed an egg allergy???
Tell me what make your own glee gum kit you would choose if you won.
Other ways to enter
Go onto the glee gum site and tell me one interesting thing you learned about there products
follow glee guy on twitter
Follow me on twitter @momtoablessing
Tweet about this giveaway, share on facebook or even blog about it and comment with the permalink showing me where.
Giveaway ends Oct 18th at noon est time. I will give the winner 48hrs after I notify them to email me back if after 48 hrs I have not heard back from the winner I will choose a new winner.
Disclaimer
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.
CONGRATS STACEY
allergy developed age 2
stacey_gane@yahoo.com

17 comments:
follow gfc
chefsteph82@yahoo.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glee-Gum/109473447496?ref=ts&v=wall#!/pages/Glee-Gum/109473447496?v=wall&story_fbid=463451392496
chefsteph82@yahoo.com
egg alergry showed up around age 2
chefsteph82@yahoo.com
i would pick the gummies
chefsteph82@yahoo.com
I follow you via GFC, Marcella Cook
emmerswee at gmail dot com
I fanned Glee Gum on FB Marcella Cook
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=463465282496&id=109473447496
emmerswee at gmail dot com
It was by the time she was 2 that she developed the egg allergy
emmerswee at gmail dot com
@TheMarciFactor
Dude...I would so have the Chocolate one!!! hehehe
@TheMarciFactor
emmerswee@gmail.com
I did not know they were made with rainforest chicle!
@TheMarciFactor
emmerswee at gmail dot com
I follow Glee Guy on Twitter
@TheMarciFactor
emmerswee at gmail dot com
I follow you on twitter
@TheMarciFactor
emmerswee at gmail dot com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glee-Gum/109473447496?ref=search&v=wall#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=464389977496&id=109473447496
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
im following gfc
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
allergy developed age 2
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
i would love to win make your own gummies. my kid loves anything gummy
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
following glee guy on twitter
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
following momtoablessing on twitter
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
Post a Comment