Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pediatric Walkers and my applecheeks diaper review and giveaway CLOSED

Children with cerebral palsy have problems with muscle tone, affecting their ability to keep their balance, posture, and to walk and move.

Unlike other medical conditions that can affect a child's ability to move or walk, with cerebral palsy, the problem isn't in the child's muscles or nerves. Instead, damage to the child's brain affects his ability to control his muscle

walking has always been one of the milestones we have waited the longest for Audrianna to reach and she still hasn't.  when it comes to walking the chances of a child learning to walk on there own after 5 years old is slim.  Knowing this we still have that hope for her that even tho she will be 6 in April that she will one day walk without any adaptive assistance but until then she has the help from her Kaye pediatric walker.
she also walks while holding our hands, or holding onto her surroundings the walker is ideal but our space is limited in our house which makes it hard for her to be able to use her walker.


Applecheeks Review and Giveaway. 11/1/2010

AppleCheeks™ are a breakthrough in cloth diapering. Taking advantage of recent advances in the textile industry, they combine form with function, providing you with the best fitting, most-effective reusable diaper on the market to date.




What makes AppleCheeks™ cloth diapers unique from any already existing product on the market, you ask? Firstly, AppleCheeks™ comes with a three-pronged approach to customer service. Each diaper comes with complete washing instructions, , which clearly illustrate the optimal method of care for your AppleCheeks™ cloth products. As well, you can always speak with a live person through our toll-free number ( 1-877-8-APPLE-8 1-877-8-APPLE-8 ) and be helped to find solutions to any questions you may have. You can also email us through our contact form and we will respond to your query within 24 hours. And lastly, you can check out our video tutorials, found here which show you how to use your AppleCheeks™ cloth products successfully. We will also be providing you with online, interactive diagnostic tools in the coming months, so stay tuned for those!



Regarding the products themselves, all AppleCheeks™ cloth diapers and accessories are proudly designed and manufactured in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and have been tested on our own babies, so we know they work! Our diapers fit a larger range of babies than similar products on the market, and stand up better to the rigours of the washing cycle. They are fully customizable and can be used as a diaper cover over our viscose from bamboo inserts, with boosters for added absorbency if so desired, and fleece liners to keep baby's skin dry and rash-free. Alternately, the handy, wide envelope opening allows you the option of placing your absorbency underneath the micro fleece lining, wicking moisture away from baby's skin and keeping him feeling nice and dry while still absorbing to the max! So many options in one diapering system!

AppleCheeks™ 2-Size Envelope Covers also fit nicely over a wide variety of fitted diapers. With the AppleCheeks™ system you will get less leaks and a much trimmer fit than with using fitted cloth diapers.



AppleCheeks™ covers feature a unique envelope design, similar to a pocket diaper, but with NO NEED TO UNSTUFF. The absorbent inserts come right out in the wash!

Ilana was nice enough to send me both a 1 and 2 to review plus some tab extenders, and 3 inserts which was awesome.  Of course I chose to try them on the easier child and the one who would be the best review subject in regards how the diapers hold up on containing things.  I love that the instructions are easy to follow including the prepping,  I love how great Ilana is when it comes to customer service and answering questions. 

Charlee has thicker thighs and a skinny waist so I love how you can snap the bottom snaps looser or tighter setting wise and the top you can also do and that they don't have to be lined up.    Some diapers i have come across have a gap either in her waist or her thighs, which isn't good since she is queen of all things messy when it comes to going potty.   I also love how soft they are and not to mention the gussets around the back part of the diaper and also around the legs makes the diaper look super cute.   The extender tabs work so that Audrianna can fit in the size 2 diaper which is a big selling point

An outer layer of breathable, waterproof polyurethane laminated polyester (PUL), sewn to a butter soft micro fleece inner layer, so that only the softest of soft touches your baby’s delicate skin.


• Snug, durable elastic at both the waist and legs for a gentle and secure fit.

• Two rows of easy-to-adjust snaps, allowing for a proper fit at the legs and the waist.

• A beautiful range of truly spectacular colours to appeal to a wide range of esthetic.

• A handy envelope opening, wide enough for daddy’s hands, which allows for the option of placing the absorbent inner between the fleece and the waterproof outer layer if so desired.

• A more generous and longer lasting fit than other similar styles on the market. Size 1 fits from 7 - 20lbs, and Size 2 fits from 18 - 40lbs. All weight ranges are approximate.

• The ultimate cloth diapering solution!

• AppleCheeks™ covers feature a unique envelope design, similar to a pocket diaper, but with NO NEED TO UNSTUFF. The absorbent inserts come right out in the wash!

Since Audrianna is close to 40lbs already the diaper wouldn't have lasted long if it weren't for the tab extenders. 

So anyways I couldn't wait to try these diapers and immediately had to prep them thankfully they came in just in time since i had diapers i needed to wash anyways.  So once the diapers were prepped I was ready to put one on charlee.  and since she had a wet diaper it worked out perfectly.   So I put the applecheek on her I chose to use it like a cover and I laid the insert across the inside of the cover and then put it on charlee I figured this way I might get a few more uses out of it if the cover wasn't soiled right away. 

Well of course no more then 5 minutes after I put it on charlee exploded it it I think it had to have been the messiest poo ever.   So I put her on the changing table to change her even tho a little bit of poo was on the inside of the cover right near the legs pretty much on the edge and also up by her waist.  The diaper still contained that and she also peed. 
Shes worn the cover a good 5 times now since we got it i absolutely love the diaper if i could marry a diaper I would.  If i could afford more i would definitely buy more in fact i plan to save money to purchase more.  Even tho it does take awhile to get from Canada to where i am in he U.S.  Its still worth it the quality of this diaper is amazing.



Added pictures of my 5 year old in a size 2 without extender tabs




Ilana was nice enough to sponsor a giveaway so one lucky fan will win Drum Roll Please ......................................


 A Little Bundle of the winner's size and colour.

Mandatory Entries:

You must follow me publicly via Google Friend Connect

Follow Applecheeks on Twitter and tell her I sent you

Become a fan of applecheeks on facebook  please thank her for sponsoring my cerebral palsy awareness event

other ways to enter

Enter another one of my giveaways and tell me which one you entered.

Tweet, blog, share on facebook about this giveaway

Giveaway ends on 11/1/10 at midnight EST.  You must and I mean must leave you email address along with each comment in order to qualify I will be checking for this.  If you don't include your email at the end of each entry those entries will not qualify.  the winner will be given 48hrs after i contact them to contact me back if I do not hear from them a new winner will be drawn.

Disclaimer
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, paid sponsorship, or paid topic insertion. However I will accept and keep free products, services, travel, and event tickets or any other forms of compensation from companies and organizations. All reviews are my own opinions.

95 comments:

Anonymous said...

Follow via gfc

Follow them on twitter: MamaBiehl

FB Fan and thanked them


(my email is in my blogger profile)

Anonymous said...

tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/MamaBiehl/statuses/28044836593

(email is in blogger profile)

Anonymous said...

shared on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AppleCheeksDiapers#!/BiehlAdventures/posts/165035330181812

(email in blogger profile)

Unknown said...

I am so pleased to see Apple Cheeks post your blog on Facebook. My youngest is 2.5 and has mild cerebral palsy as well. She also has a Kaye walker. She doesn't walk yet either, but I too hold onto the faith that one day she will walk without any supports. I used to use cloth diapers too. I want to go back to them but all the diapers I have are too small for her LOL.

J_Mama said...

Google follower: JMAMA
jenni_aja at hotmail dot com

J_Mama said...

Applecheeks fan on Facebook and left message.
jenni_aja at hotmail dot com

J_Mama said...

Applecheeks follower on twitter.
jenni_aja at hotmail dot com

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

http://twitter.com/curious_kitty/status/28049170910
taraz9 at excite dot com

One Southern Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
One Southern Girl said...

tweet:
http://twitter.com/#!/HappyReviews/status/28050341304
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

shared on FB:
http://www.facebook.com/HappilySouthern/posts/105916569474071
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

khaymax said...

I follow via GFC.

khaymax at hotmail dot com

khaymax said...

I follow AppleCheeks on Twitter. @khaymax

khaymax at hotmail dot com

khaymax said...

I Like AppleCheeks on Facebook. I posted a thank you on the wall.

khaymax at hotmail dot com

khaymax said...

i entered the Soda Stream giveaway.

khaymax at hotmail dot com

khaymax said...

I entered the uncommonly cute giveaway.

khaymax at hotmail dot com

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison said...

entered the uncommonly cute giveaway
hannahsking at gmail dot com

Allison said...

tweeted about the giveaway:
allisonisqueenbee
hannahsking at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

blogged! http://biehladventures.blogspot.com/2010/10/few-other-giveaways-here-and-there.html

Isha said...

GFC follower

ishatan at gmail dot com

Isha said...

AppleCheeks Twitter follower (@mistress_ujima); sent Ilana a Tweet

ishatan at gmail dot com

Isha said...

AppleCheeks FB follower; left a message thanking them.

ishatan at gmail dot com

Tina said...

I follow on GFC

cricketina@gmail.com

Tina said...

I follow on twitter

@cricketina13

cricketina@gmail.com

Tina said...

I'm a fan on FB

cricketina@gmail.com

Pam Koop said...

Follow via GFC. pamela.koop@gmail.com

Pam Koop said...

Also following on twitter, and FB fan and thanked them:) pamela.koop@gmail.com

Tiffany said...

public follower!
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

I follow them on twitter
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

entered uc giveaway
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

Facebook fan and thanked them
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/Tiffyy2010/status/28518868991
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tannis said...

Follow your blog via GFC
tannis_z at excite dot com

Tannis said...

Fan of Applecheeks on FB and thanked her for her sponsorship
tannis_z at excite dot com

Tannis said...

Entered your Uncommonly Cute giveaway.
tannis_z at excite dot com

Maia G said...

I follow apple cheeks on twitter @mkgottman
mk_mitchell90 at hotmail dot com

Mama Swears said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/mammaneedsanap/status/28569441832
krishackney at suddenlink dot net

Kirsten said...

Tweet
http://twitter.com/LaydieAphrodite/status/28621959467
kirsten.jason.2010 at gmail dot com

Lisa D said...

I'm a new public gfc follower
duncan.lisa at gmail.com

Nicola said...

I follow with GFC, I unfortunately don't twitter, but I do like applecheeks on facebook and thanked them.

nic32 at hotmail dot com

Lisa D said...

FOllowing AppleCheeks on twitter @My2CentsFL and told her you sent me
http://twitter.com/My2CentsFL/status/28743274032
duncan.lisa at gmail.com

Lisa D said...

Like Apple Cheeks on FB as Lisa Duncan and thanked her for sponsoring:
http://www.facebook.com/AppleCheeksDiapers/posts/448147506548
duncan.lisa at gmail.com

Rachael said...

P.s my Twitter account for verification is red052683

thanks

Email bourne2flyy at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow you publicly on Google Friend Connect (Meg)
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I follow AppleCheeks on Twitter!
@legoisking
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

I'm a fan of AppleCheeks on Facebook and I thanked them!
FB name = Lego
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

Tweeted!
https://twitter.com/#!/legoisking/status/28754888559
legoisking at gmail dot com

Meg said...

Shared on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=160518640646864&id=100001628421935
legoisking at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

follow you on gfc
theclothspring at hotmail

Anonymous said...

Follow Applecheeks on Twitter and tell her I sent you
done

@theclothspring
theclothspring at hotmail

Anonymous said...

Become a fan of applecheeks on facebook please thank her for sponsoring my cerebral palsy awareness event

done

Fluff's Enough
theclothspring at htomail

Anonymous said...

i tweeted
http://twitter.com/theClothspring/status/28755979972

Anonymous said...

fb status update

http://www.facebook.com/AppleCheeksDiapers#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=163692116993949&id=100001739433683

theclothspring at htomail

Kristen said...

I follow you via GFC
husskl at comcast dot net

Kristen said...

I follow applecheeks on twitter
@husskl
husskl at comcast dot net

Kristen said...

I am a fan of applechheks on FB and thanked them
husskl at comcast dot net

Kristen said...

shared on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/kristen.huss/posts/171334312877115
husskl at comcast dot net

Kristen said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/husskl/status/28813789891
husskl at comcast dot net

Chany said...

Tweet!
http://twitter.com/#!/chany10/status/28824832714

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Follow via GFC

Follow on Twitter @treehugginmomma

FB fan!! :) Tree Huggin-Momma

kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

Diaper Dad said...

FOllowing AppleCheecks on Twitter and sent a note
http://twitter.com/DiaperDadJames/status/28875018758
diaperdadjames at gmail dot com

Diaper Dad said...

Fan of AppleCheeks on FB and left a note

diaperdadjames at gmail dot com

Diaper Dad said...

Shared on FB
http://www.facebook.com/TheDiaperingDad/posts/135244186527531

diaperdadjames at gmail dot com

Diaper Dad said...

tweet
http://twitter.com/DiaperDadJames/status/28875323433
diaperdadjames at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

-Follow AppleCheeks on twitter and I tweeted that you sent me over-http://twitter.com/reynoldsmom/status/29025931821 ! (@reynoldsmom)

reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

"Like" AppleCheeks on FB and I told them thank you on their wall! (Ashley Reynolds)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/AppleCheeksDiapers/posts/449351896548
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

shannon b said...

tweet http://twitter.com/tinwomen/status/29046403509
sbaka3 at gmail dot com

shannon b said...

I shared this on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000808743836#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=171318632878963&id=100000808743836
sbaka3 at gmail dot com

Tiffany said...

entered soda stream giveaway
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Ashley R said...

Entered your sodastream giveaway!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

follow them on twitter: MamaBiehl

Anonymous said...

FB fan and thanked them!

Tara said...

hope this is right now...

follow via GFC
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

Follow Applecheeks on twitter @curious_kitty
taraz9 at excite dot com

Tara said...

FB Fan of Applecheeks and thanked them
taraz9 at excite dot com

Anonymous said...

GFC follower
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Follow on Twitter @whatmamawants

what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

FB fan and thanked! Robyn
what_mama_wants at yahoo dot com

One Southern Girl said...

Follow AppleCheeks on twitter: HappyReviews
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

FB Fan: Happily Southern and thanked them
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

blogged

http://happilysouthernreviews.blogspot.com/2010/10/applecheeks-and-monkey-tales-giveaways.html

osggiveaways at gmail dot com

Allison said...

follow on gfc
hannahsking at gmail dot com

Allison said...

I follow on twitter as allisonisqueenb
hannahsking at gmai dot com

Allison said...

fan of applecheeks on fb and thanked them :)
hannahsking at gmail dot com

shannon b said...

I follow via GFC-shan b

sbaka3 at gmail dot com

shannon b said...

I follow applecheeks on twitter as tinwomen
sbaka3 at gmail dot com

shannon b said...

I like applecheeks on fb and thanked them for sponsoring your cerebral palsy awareness event

http://www.facebook.com/#!/AppleCheeksDiapers/posts/449423181548
sbaka3 at gmail dot com

Becky said...

I follow via GFC
rastrassbur at gmail dot com

Becky said...

I follow Applecheeks on twitter
rastrassbur at gmail dot com

Becky said...

I am a fan of Applecheeks and I thanked them!
http://www.facebook.com/AppleCheeksDiapers#!/AppleCheeksDiapers/posts/450775076548
rastrassbur at gmail dot com

Becky said...

I also entered your Bumessentials giveaway
rastrassbur at gmail dot com

Becky said...

http://twitter.com/#!/rhuss85/status/29340646858
rastrassbur at gmail dot com