Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Excercise and Cerebral Palsy CLOSED

  1. Babies with Cerebral palsy are different from babies without cerebral palsy.   one difference is that babies born with cerebral palsy have limited movements compared to a baby born without cerebral palsy.   i can definitely tell the difference between audrianna as a baby and charlee.  Charlee is constantly moving her hands, feet, always looking around and wiggling.   Audrianna didn't move around have as much, Charlee sleeps in the fetal position and loves to be held that way where Audriannas legs and arms were too stiff to do that.   because of this limited movement exercise is very important to avoid contractures, or joint limitations. to prevent these things from happening to audrianna we work on different excercises and stretches.  We like to refer to this as princess audriannas ballet time.   Duringher ballet time we work on weight bearing on her legs which helps preent bone loss.  It also helps her build strength for when she may walk in the future.  We also work on different range of motion excercises and we work on her balance.  Audrianna has spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy so all 4 limbs are affected her arms and legs are very tight.  the hightone in her legs caused her to walk on her toes we tried numerous procedures to alleviate this but none worked til she had surgery in march of 2010.  we went through Tufts floating childrens hospital in boston.  where she underwent tendon release and lengthening.  the procedure was a complete sucess and she now stands with her feet flat on the ground.  But we still refer to her as our princess ballerina.  Stretching and exercises are even more important now to prevent her tone from getting bad again and her results from surgery reversing.

Too TuTu Cute   Tutu review and giveaway


Audrianna was so excited to open the mailbox and see a package that mommy said was just for her.  We opened the package and inside it was the prettiest, fluffiest and really soft TuTu we had ever seen.  Nothing beats seeing the smile that was on her face.  She instantly wanted to put it on and of course we  did.  And audrianna wore it all day.   she even wanted to sleep in it.   Rachel was a wonderful women to work with and answered all questions.  I loved that she was able to make a tutu in the color choices I wanted.  The craftmanship of the tutu was fantastic I have made tutus before and I dont think I could have made one that good.  The tutu was flawless.   Audrianna has decided that she wants to wear it for halloween she also wants to wear it everyday.  so thank you Rachel for making Audrianna so very happy.

Would you like to win a tutu for that special princess in your life?  well Rachel has been generous enough to give one lucky reader the opportunity to win a Custom Tutu for there little princess 1 custom tutu...up to 3 colors, and sizes newborn-5/6. Color choices and other examples can be found on the website: http://www.tootutucute.webs.com/

Mandatory entries :

Why did Audrianna get the name Princess Ballerina?

2.  Go to www.tootutucute.webs.com  and tell me what colors and size tutu you would get if you won.

Other ways to win.

Tweet about this giveaway on twitter

Become a fan of http://twitter.com/TooTutuCute  on twitter and tell her I sent you

Become a fan of TooTutuCute on facebook and tell her I sent you

follow my blog publically via Google friend connect

Become a fan of mine on twitter @momtoablessing.

Contest ends on September 24th at 12pm EST Please include your email in each entry so I can reach you .  Winner will have 48hrs to respond before I choose another name.

Congrats Julie I sent you an email you have 48hrs to email me back before i redraw a winner

13 comments:

Lindsay said...

Audrianna is called princess ballerina b/c of the exercises she has to do.

Lindsay said...

I would probably get a blue or purple tutu in 12-18 months size for my little girl to wear for her 1st bday party!

Lindsay said...

I tweeted about this give away!
http://twitter.com/lmj928/status/24539837350

Lindsay said...

I follow too tutu cute on twitter and told her you sent me!
http://twitter.com/lmj928/status/24539323885

Lindsay said...

I like too tutu cute on fb and posted to her wall that you sent me FB ID: Lindsay J

Lindsay said...

I follow your blog

Lindsay said...

I follow you on twitter
lmj928

lindsay.m.johnson@gmail.com

Julie said...

Audriana is called princess ballerina because of the exercise and stretches she has to do.

Julie said...

i would get a mint and turquoise
tutu in size 3 years for my little girl

Julie said...

tweeted - http://twitter.com/jgrimbe2/status/24698177888
vbbrunette408@aim.com

Julie said...

follow tootyty cute on twitter and told her you sent me !
http://twitter.com/jgrimbe2/status/24698418427
vbbrunette408@aim.com

Julie said...

like too tutu cute on facebook and told them you sent me
http://www.facebook.com/#!/posted.php?id=118364583814&share_id=152959118060513&comments=1#s152959118060513
vbbrunette408@aim.com

Julie said...

follow your blog (vbbrunette408)
vbbrunette408@aim.com