Friday, February 27, 2009

Yet Again another trip to the ER

So Audrianna thinks that she is evil knievel apparently that and shes been relaly big on not listening to mommy and daddy and getting into all sorts of mischief well today at 6pm she decided she was going to climb on her infant to toddler rocking chair even tho she is told every day not to climb the chair or anything to try to stand on it. She can't even stand on her own. Well low and behold tonite just happens to be the first time Audrianna climbs it and then falls she falls face first onto the floor but hits her head on my desk on the way down my desk which is all metal. Her dad was on the couch and sadly Iw as at my desk but it happened so quick I didnt catch her in time. When i picked her up her head was bleeding pretty badly right near her eye so I yell at her dad and tell him to get up and grab a paper towel he runs to the kicthed grabs one and runs it to me. Blood is pouring down the side of her face. im freaking out holding the paper towel on her head its bleeding so much I can't see the wound. i tell him to grab me a wet wash cloth so i can clean up the wound. As I clean it up its a punture wound on her head we are not sure if she needs stitches or not so I grab her some pants why he holds her and some socks throw my shoes on put her pants and socks on and we are off to the er. As hes driving us to the er audrianna is trying to fall asleep and I am trying my hardest to keep her awake. We get checked in by the nurse it takes about an hr tho for audrianna to be seen in the trama section of the hospital then the dr comes in audrianna does not need stitches but they do put glue on it. At this pint she now also has a black eye and a bruise on her noise. We are discharged told to keep an eye on her for the next three hrs but she is allowed to go to sleep we just have to make sure she doesnt start vomiting. we have to keep the wound clean and dry and then just watch for any signs of infection. So yeah that was how my night went we will be putting that chair away till audrianna can learn not to climb on it. Oh and tommorow at noon audriannas peers and her will be singing at the highschool as part of the westfield into the arts community sing her school also will have art work on display. we are going tommorow so I will haev pictures of course.

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Oh, poor little girl. Isn't it amazing how they have no fear at that age?

I am glad to hear that it was not any worse. I hope that she is feeling OK today. Keep us posted.

By the way, my Little Dude has already had 2 black eyes from running into things as he was learning to walk. It is hard at the time, but it is nice to have the photos to look back on. Someday they will treasure them and make up all sorts of fun stories on how they got their little "war wounds"