This is about my life with my 5 yr old daughter who has mild to moderate spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Schizencephaly ,Partial Seizures, Allergies, Asthma. And the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis along with the new challenges that we will be faced with as our family expands to include another baby girl.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Update on audriannas gi appointment
So we went to the gi appointment today for audrianna. The nurse first weighed audrianna with her diaper which was slightly wet, her jeans, and a long sleeved shirt on Audrianna weighed in at 28lbs 1 oz then because I didnt think it was accurate how could it be audriannas not eatting much. So we stripped her down completly and weighed her again 27lbs 1oz a whole lb difference. Anyways the gi dr comes in we talk, he askes how she was eatting and i told him about how she eats at home and school the school writes down exactly how many bites and how many oz. The gi dr decided its best that audrianna get a feeding tube put in first we discussed a ng tube but since she tried to rip it out when she was hospitalized we decided not the best option. So now we have an appointment with the pediatric surgeon on march 2nd at 4pm for a gtube evaluation. Audrianna will be getting a gtube. I don't know alot about what to expect if anyone has a kid with a gtube please clue me in cause well i am clueless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh Jenny. I am sorry to hear about this. I have no experience with tube feeding, so I do not have any advice to give you. Just know you are an amazing Mom! Audrianna is so lucky to have you!
Jenny,
Sorry to hear this, I know it's not what you had hoped to have as an outcome, but she will be stronger and healthier when she can take in more nutrients. You know that we have dodged the gtube bullet only by God's graces, so I can't offer any advice, but I am praying that this works out for the best and that the surgery goes well when it is done. Please email me if you need to talk more.
Thank you ladies. Its just been onre thing after the other wit audrianna. ellen I dont believe i have ur email anymore
ehibbard@pittsfield.net is my school email that I can actually check on a regular basis.
Post a Comment