Friday, July 9, 2010

Cleopatra,walk like an egyptian, You name it Lol CLOSED

So you might be a tad bit curious on what my title is all about lol. Well I will tell you or maybe I wont lol. Just kidding. I had a wonderful chance to do another review with EcoMom originally this review was supposed to be on the plum organics line but due to a child with pretty bad sensory issues and texture aversions Jody at Ecomom was kind enough to send me out a different product to review. So I am reviewing Egyptian Magic. let me start off with the fact that I find myself very knowlegable when it comes to beauty products, My mom sells avon and for awhile I was also an avon representative. But was still a little hesitant about the jar I recieved in the mail Hmm when you think of the title Egyptian Magic does it make you think of one of the ripoff infomercials or the as seen on tv products that you pay so much for and then end up disappointed in the end. Cause thats what I first thought when I saw it.
The Egyptian Magic came in a 4oz jar that says store at room temperature. the product description on the jar is a little weird and yet again makes you wonder does this product really really work or is it a scam?
Life takes from the taker and he gives to the giver. above all let your word be your bond. Yup a bit weird I would say then it continues to say directions : take moderate amount and rub in your palms until it takes the form of oil. (it helps the skin absorb effectively.) it defintintly takes the form of oil but its nice and soft and not messy. Apply over your skin gently Peace,devine,perfect health, internal, eternal wisdom and infinite blessings unto you, precious one (Huh thats a little weird and why am i thinking Adam sandler in you don't mess with the zohan or what about Mike Myers in the Love Guru) Kamitian folklore recalls the existence of a miraculous skin cream secretly used by the great sages, mystics, magicians and healers of ancient kamit (ancient egypt), used as an anti-aging skin rejuvination to maintain radiant, healthy, smooth and glowing skin.

Ingredients : olive oil (olea europea oil)beeswax, honey, pollen, royal jelly and propolis extract.ok seems harmless anyways so I decided why not lets give this a try it can't hurt can it ? So I opened the container after taking a bath and getting dried off. And instead of the usual cocoa butter that i rub on my tummy and legs ect I rubbed the Egyptian Magic on instead. The smell was a little weird and hard to describe, it wasnt the messy greasy feeling you get after lets say using baby oil. I had a bruise on my stomach cause from the baby kicking me lol weirdly enough it was a pretty dark bruise two days of using the egyptian magic the bruise has fade to the point its almost un noticeable. Part of me wonders if it can get rid of my freckles lol or maybe my sun spots. Celebrities rave about this stuff. you can use it as a facial mosturizer, its said to work great on people with super dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis I don't have any of these conditions so I cant really tell you of thats true or not. I do know however that it works great on chapped lips so I will be putting this in my hospital bag for after I deliver the baby cause my lips get pretty dry, Its also supposed to reduce scaring since audrianna has some dark scars on her legs still from her surgery a few months back I will definitly be trying this on her and also my cracked heels. would I recommend it to others? maybe lets see how much I like it in a few months.



Ok now for the best part the Giveaway
Jody from Ecomom has agreed to give one lucky reader a chance to win a $15.00 gift certificate to use at www.ecomom.com.

To enter here is what I want you to do:

These two are mandatory

1. Go to www.ecomom.com and tell me what you would purchase with your $15.00 Gift Certificate and also tell me one other product on the site that you like. Please make sure u leave your email address in atleast one comment that way I have a way to contact you if you don't do so your entries will not count and I will have to select a new winner

follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/momtoablessing (2 entries)

for bonus enteries :

1. Follow EcoMomCEO on twitter(twitter.com/EcoMomCEO) and leave me a comment telling me you do.

2. Become a fan of Ecomom on Facebook (facebook.com/ecomom)

3. Subscribe to the ecomom newsletter http://store.ecomom.com/Articles.asp?ID=188

4. follow my blog via google friend connect

5. Tweet about this giveway please make sure you reference me, my blog and ecomom in your tweet one tweet is allowed per day til the contest ends. Leave a comment here each day with the permalink.



Both residents of the US and Canada are eligible to win.

I also want to let you know about EcoMom’s EcoPass program. With EcoPass, you can purchase a $99 annual membership, which provides a 15% discount on all of your orders, as well as free shipping! EcoPass is a great way to save on your purchases over time, I mean, who doesn’t love free shipping?

Anxious to buy from EcoMom? Use discount code: SBBL477 to receive 15% off your EcoMom.com purchases now through July 30th, 2010!


Disclaimer


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.


Giveaway ends on July 20th , 2010 at 11:59 pm EST. The winners will be selected by random.org and notified by email and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Please leave your email so I can contact you if you win. Good luck!

Closed giveaways early due to bad cramping from pregnancy

Min: 1
Max:50

Generate : 34

Winner is Navy_Frugalista said...
@Navy_frugalista is following you on twitter #2



Congrats Navy_Frugalista you have 48 hrs to respond to my email before I redraw a winner

51 comments:

OT and ET said...

Hi mama! Thanks for the great giveaway! If I won I would use the $15 towards the Boon Potty chair and I would also load up on Plum Organics finger foods and training meals for Otto.

lindseymuth at gmail dot com

OT and ET said...

I follow you on Twitter #1 I'm @OttosMomBlogs

lindseymuth at gmail dot com

OT and ET said...

I follow you on Twitter #2 I'm @OttosMomBlogs

lindseymuth at gmail dot com

OT and ET said...

I follow @EcoMomCEO on Twitter #1 I'm @OttosMomBlogs

lindseymuth at gmail dot com

OT and ET said...

I follow @EcoMomCEO on Twitter #2 I'm @OttosMomBlogs

lindseymuth at gmail dot com

OT and ET said...

I follow you on GFC!

OT and ET said...

http://twitter.com/OttosMomBlogs/status/18147258615

Tweeted!

Whew, I'm whooped! :) Hope I win! xo

-Lindsey

lindseymuth at gmail dot com

Angie B said...

I would use the $15 gc towards the organic toddler training meals 12 pk. I also like the organice berry fiddlesticks. angiewith3 at live dot com

Angie B said...

already follow you on twitter as @angiewith3
angiewith3 at live dot com

Angie B said...

following @ecomomceo as @angiewith3
angiewith3 at live dot com

Angie B said...

already following your blog via gfc.
angiewith3 at live dot com

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

I would use the $15 towards plum organics and I would also love a boon spoon!

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot ccom

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Following you on Twitter #1

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

@treehugginmomma

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Following you on Twitter #2

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

@treehugginmomma

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Following EcoMomCeo

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

@treehugginmomma

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Like Ecomom.com on FB

Heather Moore
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Following you via GFC

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

Recieve Ecomom newsletter

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

TheTreeHugginMomma said...

http://twitter.com/treehugginmomma/status/18405985924

TWEET TWEET!

Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com

Ashley R said...

I would probably buy some plum organic pouches or Revolutions FOods Strawberry Mish Mash. I also like the Under the Nile Training Pants!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

I follow you on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
1

Ashley R said...

I follow you on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com
2

Ashley R said...

I follow EcoMomCEO on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

I "Like" Ecomom on FB! (Ashley Reynolds)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

Subscribed to Ecomom newsletter!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

I follow you on GFC! (Ashley R)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I would get the Green Toy Blocks with my gift certificate, And I like the Melissa and Doug Jumbo ABC chunky Puzzle.

@TheMarciFactor
emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I already follow you on twitter @TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I follow EcoMom on twitter @TheMarciFactor

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I'm a fan of EcoMom on FB
Marcella Cook

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Marci said...

I follow your blog on google connect
Marcella Cook

emmerswee at gmail dot com

Navy_Frugalista said...

I would like to try 4 Pack Variety of Organic Mashups!!

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Navy_Frugalista said...

@Navy_frugalista is following you on twitter!!

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Navy_Frugalista said...

@Navy_frugalista is following you on twitter #2

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Navy_Frugalista said...

@Navy_frugalista is following EcoMomCEO on twitter!!

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Navy_Frugalista said...

I am a LIKER of Ecomom on FB
Lacy Dill

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Navy_Frugalista said...

I follow your blog thru GFC

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Navy_Frugalista said...

Tweeted about the giveaway!!

frugalista04 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Rebecca W said...

I'd like to use the $15 towards the gDiapers Starter Kit. I want to try using cloth diapers so this would start me! I also like the Organic Messenger Bag!
rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

Rebecca W said...

I'm following you on twitter as beccaann38
rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com
#1

Rebecca W said...

I'm following you on twitter as beccaann38
rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com
#2

Rebecca W said...

I'm follow via gfc
rebecca williams
rebeccaw2005 at hotmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

I'd put it towards a Kissaluvs Organic Cotton/Hemp Fitted Diaper (Medium/Large) and I also like the Under the Nile Fruit and Tote!

Thanks for hosting this great giveaway!
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

following you on twitter (@HappyReviews)
osggiveaways at gmail dot com
#1

One Southern Girl said...

following you on twitter (@HappyReviews)
#2
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

following EcoMom on twitter (@HappyReviews)
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

fan on EcoMom on FB (Happily Southern)
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

subscribed to EcoMom via email
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

following publicly via GFC
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

tweet!
http://twitter.com/HappyReviews/statuses/18868602038
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

Navy_Frugalista said...

I sent you a msg on twitter with my info!! I am also going to send you a msg on FB as well!! THanks!!