Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Product Review : Melissa and Doug Primary Lacing Beads CLOSED



Having a Child with Disabilities is exspecially tough. And its extremely hard to find toys for a child with special needs. We are a big fan of Melissa and Doug in this household not only are the toys educational and made out of wood. They are also safe and lead free and chemical free. Which is a big deal with so many toys being recalled.

heres a description of the melissa and doug primary lacing beads:
Thirty wooden beads in six vibrant colors and five distinct shapes combine with two extra-long laces for many activities. Stringing the easily grasped beads promotes hand-eye coordination, fine motor, cognitive and visual perception skills.

Audrianna has Cerebral Palsy and is left sided weakness. She has a harder time accomplishing the things that a typical child her age can do. We try very hard at home to work on the things she works on in school and to help her gain certain skills. Toys that require her to use both hands are great, and to promote pincher grasp, eye hand coordination and work on her vision skills and her attention span are always a plus. So we were thrilled when we recieved the Melissa and Doug Primary Lacing Beads from http://www.ecomom.com . Audrianna loves to recieve packages in the mail she is very picky when it comes to toys tho lol. But we were both super excited to try out her new toy. The beads are big enough for a toddler to handle and not choke on if they tried to mouth them, The lacing beads are recommended for ages 3 and up Audrianna is 5 but had she been 3 I definitely still would recommend them. She was able to work on matching colors and also working on patterns. Granted we still arent very good at the whole patterns thing but she does know her colors. The beads were also easy for her to grasp and even the shoe lace was thick enough for her to be able to string the beads onto fairly easily.

Ok I could go on and on about how great the set is and how much my 5 yr old and myself love them but really do u wanna sit here reading a review that will take u 5 hrs or more to read.

Or would you like me to get to the good part like hmmmm maybe a Giveaway. Yup thats right I said it a Giveaway. I am giving one lucky reader a chance to win a $20.00 gift certificate to use at www.ecomom.com.

To enter here is what I want you to do:

1. Go to www.ecomom.com and tell me what you would purchase with your $20.00 Gift Certificate and also tell me one other product on the site that you like. Please make sure u leave your email address in atleast one comment that way I have a way to contact you if you don't do so your entries will not count and I will have to select a new winner

for bonus enteries :

1. Follow EcoMomCEO on twitter(twitter.com/EcoMomCEO) and leave me a comment telling me you do.

2. Become a fan of Ecomom on Facebook (facebook.com/ecomom)

3. Subscribe to the ecomom newsletter http://store.ecomom.com/Articles.asp?ID=188

4. follow my blog via google friend connect


Both residents of the US and Canada are eligible to win.

I also want to let you know about EcoMom’s EcoPass program. With EcoPass, you can purchase a $99 annual membership, which provides a 15% discount on all of your orders, as well as free shipping! EcoPass is a great way to save on your purchases over time, I mean, who doesn’t love free shipping?

Anxious to buy from EcoMom? Use discount code: SBBL401 to receive 15% off your EcoMom.com purchases now through July 30th, 2010!


Disclaimer


This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog does not accept any form of cash advertising, sponsorship, or paid topic insertions. However, we will and do accept and keep free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organizations.


Giveaway ends on June 30th , 2010 at 11:59 pm EST. The winners will be selected by random.org and notified by email and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Please leave your email so I can contact you if you win. Good luck!

True Random Number Generator

Min: 1
Max: 71
Result:
4
Powered by RANDOM.ORG

craftygirl12882 Your are the winner I will give you 48 hrs to respond to my e-mail

69 comments:

Craftygirl12882 said...

If I win the $20 gift certificate i would buy the Kissaluvs Organic Cotton/Hemp Fitted Diaper (Newborn). I also like the very cute very stylish Organic Diaper Clutch. Thanks for the great giveaway :D

Craftygirl12882 said...

I am now following EcoMomCEO on twitter.

Craftygirl12882 said...

I become a fan of Ecomom on Facebook

Craftygirl12882 said...

I subscribed to the ecomom newsletter

Craftygirl12882 said...

I am now following your blog

OT and ET said...

With the $20 gift card I would purchase The Real Princess: A Mathemagical Tale and another item I like on the site is all the manipulative art items like the clay (for when Otto's a bit older). Thanks!

lindseymuth(at)gmail(dot)com

OT and ET said...

Following your blog w/ Google Friend Connect :)

OT and ET said...

Also following you on Twitter - although I already was so not sure it counts. Does it count that I told you how to put your website up on Twitter? :) Hope so! I'd love to win this amazing prize!

子ChristiLavigne11善 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynda Del said...

I'm interested in getting the Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream.

lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

Lynda Del said...

I'm followubg EcoMomCEO on twitter. ID: @Lyndadawinda

lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

Lynda Del said...

I'm a fan of Ecomom on Facebook. ID: Lynda Castillo

lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

Lynda Del said...

I subscribed to the ecomom newsletter.

lyndadawinda1074 at yahoo dot com

Chany said...

I think I would buy some of the sampler 6 packs of organic baby food. I really like the spoon idea. I would like to try that.

Chany said...

I follow EcoMomCeo on Twitter.
Chany10

Chany said...

I like EcoMom on Facebook.
Chantelle Garrett Jackson

Chany said...

I get the EcoMom newsletter.

Chany said...

I follow you with GFC.

Tina said...

I want to get the Episencial Sunny Sunscreen SPF-35...we're so paranoid about sunscreen now and our poor pasty white child stands no chance.

I also like the Organic Diaper Clutch...I'm a light traveler!!

Tina said...

I follow ecomom on twitter!!

@Cricketina13

Tina said...

I follow your blog :)

Mrs. Yoder said...

If I won the $20 gift card I would buy the Boon Fluid Sippy Cup and Boon Snack Ball!
I also really like the Doctor T's SPF 30 Bug-Away Spray

Mrs. Yoder said...

I follow EcoMomCEO on Twitter!

Mrs. Yoder said...

I am a Fan of EcoMom on Facebook!

Mrs. Yoder said...

I am signed up for EcoMom's newletter!

Mrs. Yoder said...

I am a follower of your Blog also!

Liz said...

I would love to get some organic lunchbox snacks and some more M&D toys!

Liz said...

I follow ecomom on Twitter!

Kiera said...

I would get the Melissa & Doug Ice Cream Parlor Set so Little Dude could work on using both hands. Love Melissa & Doug stuff!

Congrats on adding giveaways to your blog!

fluttermama said...

If I win I would get a Kissaluvs organic fited diaper.I also like the Natural Nipple Butter.

fluttermama said...

I like Eco mom on Facebook

fluttermama said...

I subscribe to the Eco mom newsletter

Amy K said...

If I won the gift card, I would use it to purchase the Angel Baby Lotion and Baby wash/shampoo for my baby girl with VERY sensetive skin. I have heard wonderful reviews of this lotion.

Amy K said...

Follow EcoMom on twitter

Amy K said...

I subscribe to EcoMom's newsletter

Amy K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy K said...

I now follow your blog via GFC :-)

Amy K said...

I like EcoMom on FB.
(sorry about the above deleted comment...I somehow typed my word verification in the comment section)

Lara said...

I would buy lots of fiddlesticks for my daughter!
momdram@gmail.com

Lara said...

I follow ecomomceo on twitter @momdram
momdram@gmail.com

Lara said...

I'm a facebook fan of ecomom
momdram@gmail.com

Lara said...

I follow your blog via google friend connect
momdram@gmail.com

Rebecca said...

If I won the gift certificate I would use it to purchase Plum Organics baby food for my little boys! I also LOVE the EcoDough!!

Rebecca said...

Follow EcoMom on facebook

Carole Spring said...

I would spend the GC on the Rvolution Foods 4-pk variety pack of Organic Mashups.
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carole Spring said...

A product I would love to try is the Episencial Soothing Cream for eczema, itches & bothered skin.
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carole Spring said...

I follow EcoMomCEO on Twitter (cspring31971)
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carole Spring said...

I like/fan EcoMom on FB (Carole Spring)
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carole Spring said...

I subscribe to EcoMom newsletter
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carole Spring said...

I follow you via GFC (Carole Spring)
blondie_31971(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ashley R said...

I would purchase a bunch of Plum pouches. I also like the Under the Nile training pants!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

I follow EcoMomCEO on twitter! (@reynoldsmom)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

I "Like" EcoMom on FB! (Ashley Reynolds)
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Ashley R said...

Signed up for their newsletter!
reynoldsmommy at gmail dot com

Amy said...

I would stock up on Baby ganics cleaner and Plum organics baby food@ My favorite two baby items! I like the thinkbaby set!!!

Amy said...

I like EcoMom on FB!!!

Amy said...

I also recieve EComom's newsletter now!

momtoablessing said...

If you don't leave mee an email to contact u then your entry wont count.

One Southern Girl said...

I'd get Kissaluvs Organic Cotton/Hemp Fitted Diaper (Medium/Large) and I also like Keptin Jr. Baby Doll, Caucasian Boy!

Thanks for hosting this great giveaway!
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

following EcoMomCEO on twitter (@HappyReviews)
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

fan of EcoMom on FB (Happily Southern)
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

subscribed to EcoMom's newsletter already!
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

One Southern Girl said...

following publicly via GFC!
osggiveaways at gmail dot com

Angie said...

Following!!!!

3dolesangels@gmail.com

Angie said...

If I won the $20 i would buy Play All Day Hemp and Certified Organic Cotton Wipes x2 lol.

3dolesangels@gmail.com

Angie said...

I "like" ecomom on face book

angel doles

Anonymous said...

i would buy some of the plumo organics for infants

Anonymous said...

i became a fan of ecomom on facebook

Anonymous said...

my email is lilcutie42303@aol.com and i also subscribed to the newsletter