Friday, December 31, 2010

Guardian sleeper review CLOSED

charlee loves being swaddles but she tends to wiggle out of her aiden and anais swaddle blankets  and I have this fear of her pulling the blankets over her head and suffocating cause she loves playing with her blankets.  and well the swaddle me blankets we have no longer fit her and I just can't see buying her swaddle blankets everytime she grows out of new ones. plus we were hoping  to wean her from swaddling anyway and then eventually from sleeping in our bed half the night and then one day hopefully she will sleep through the night.
But what would we do our room sometimes gets chilly at night gotta love good old new england weather and Putting a blanket on her in her pack n play is to risky so where did that leave us.


I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to try out the Guardian Sleeper



Nicola Pieters and Carol Betz are two British moms now residing in the United States who invented the Guardian Sleeper®. They are owners and operators of the Guardian Sleeper® company, Mommy's Little Helper, LLC..




The Guardian Sleeper® is a blanket that not only stays in place while swaddling the baby to increase sleep duration but more importantly, maintains the baby in the correct sleeping position to reduce the triggers for apnea and therefore the danger of SIDS as prescribed by the American Association of SIDS Prevention Physicians and the American SIDS Institute.

Carol Betz sent me a fleece guardian sleeper for charlee's pack n play in green.   They come in 3 sizes you can get them for cribs, bassinets or pack n plays.
Since charlee still sleeps in her pack n play we chose that one. 
they also come in polar fleece, cotton or organic soy cotton.

Shipping was pretty fast and as soon as we got it we wanted to try it out so i took it out of the package its pretty easy to install and it was ready to go for when charlee went to bed.

Pros :

I love how soft the fleece is and its a pretty good thickness so shes not to hot or cold.

Its nice and snug

Charlee remained sleeping on her back

Cons:

The velcro harness is loud so when i tried securing charlee in it when she had alredy fallen asleep in my arms it startled her awake.  I have since learned its better to leave the harness unfastened then i can fasten quickly for days shes already fallen asleep before getting in her pack n play.

I kinda wish this was adjustable so that when we move her to her crib finally I wont need to size up.

I wish it was a little more affordable since i will need to purchase another one when she moves to her crib.


Other then that we absolutly love it and we have since kissed our swaddle blankets goodbye.  and I feel safe knowing my daughter is safe while we are sleeping


carol has been generous enough to offer one lucky reader there very own guardian sleeper

I am gonna leave this giveaway up til january 20th cause i want alot of mamas to get an opportunity at winning this.  I will then select a winner via random org at noon est. and give the winner 48hrs to contact me via email.

Mandatory entries:

YOU MUST FOLLOW ME PUBLICALLY VIA GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT,   I WILL BE VERIFYING THIS SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE A FOLLOWER IF I SELECT YOU AND YOU ARE NOT A FOLLOWER YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND I WILL SELECT A NEW WINNER.

2. follow guardian sleeper on facebook and tell them I sent you and thank them

3. follow guardian sleeper on twitter leave me you twitter handle

4.  Follow momtoablessing on twitter and leave me your handle

5.  Tweet, blog, share this giveaway on facebook.  one entry each leave a comment for each individual one you do.   if you tweet please include @momtoablessing and @guardiansleeper in your tweet please include the link so i can see it.

Other ways to enter

1.  subscribe to my blog via email (bottom of my blog)

2. vote for me on top mommy blogs the banner is at the top of my blog just click it and select vote  3 extra entries

Best of luck

you can also purchase one  http://www.guardian-sleeper.com/sids-reflux-protection-detail-product-information.html

Congrats Cyndi you have won

24 comments:

Cyndi said...

gfc follower!

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

follow gs on fb. (Cb Bs)

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

follow gs on twitter (cyndi_bb)

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

follow you on twitter (cyndi_bb)

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

tweeted: http://twitter.com/#!/cyndi_bb/status/20977795135963136

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Cyndi said...

posted on fb: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=134777199916891&id=711345876

cyndi_steinke at hotmail dot com

Becky said...

Publicly following via GFC!

lasallefamily at gmail dot com

Becky said...

Following Guardian Sleeper on FB!

facebook.com/lasallefamily

Becky said...

Following Guardian Sleeper on twitter!

ID: Gville

Becky said...

Following momtoablessing on Twitter!

ID: Gville

Becky said...

Tweeted about the give away!

http://twitter.com/#!/Gville

LoveLivesHere said...

Follow them on facebook told them you sent me!

loveliveshere2 at yahoo dot com

LoveLivesHere said...

Follow them on twitter @hillaryblaire

loveliveshere2 at yahoo dot com

LoveLivesHere said...

Following you on twitter @hillaryblaire

loveliveshere2 at yahoo dot com

LoveLivesHere said...

Following you via GFC

Tiffany said...

public follower
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

following guardian on facebook and told them
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

following guardian on twitter
hislittlemrs10
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

following you on twitter
hislittlemrs10
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

email subscriber
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

tweeted
http://twitter.com/#!/hislittlemrs10/status/26789926360059906
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

voted 1
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

voted 2
hismrs2010 at aol dot com

Tiffany said...

voted 3
hismrs2010 at aol dot com