What are some of your hopes and dreams for Audrianna?
You know I have never honestly thought about this that hard. I used to dream of the days Audrianna would take her first unassisted steps towards us, or the day she would be able to walk down the isle at her father and my wedding. Sadly all these things have never happened and recently her Physical Therapist told us its time to consider getting her a manual wheelchair which means the chance of her walking on her own is pretty much down to zero now. But I still keep hoping. My other hopes and dreams for her is to live as much of a normal life as possible, to graduate highschool, and to try as hard as she can to accomplish all her dreams and her own goals in life. and overall just for her to be happy.
Basic Knead Review and Giveaway
Did you Know that Massage is actually a good thing for special needs, High tone. Just as much as it is good for everyone including babies.
Audriannas whole life I we have given her massages I have learned its really good for her hightone and helps her relax at the end of the day. But I usually only massaged her legs.
My fiance has always given me great massages and we have a friend who is a massage therapist but I have never been to comfortable with her given me massages only cause shes still going to school for it and i don't want her to do something wrong I have enough issues with my back and neck as it is.
Anyways I was pretty excited about being able to do a review for the products i am going to tell you about from basic knead.
first off I will talk about the baby massage onsie and the hands on baby massage book by Michelle R. Kluck-Ebbin since she was the one who generously mailed me the items to review and also do a giveaway on.
Mainly my review will be on the baby onsie and book only because I have been using that the most. and charlee has been a very willing participant really whose gonna complain when your getting a nice massage every day.
The back of the book says that Massage provides relief for conditions common to babies including:
* Teething Pain
*Skin Rashes
*Colic
*Gas
*Constipation
Yup that pretty much somes up both Audrianna and Charlee right there more so charlee then Audrianna
in chapter 3
its titles Supporting the Special Needs Child
the beginning paragraph says
While all babies benefit from regular baby massage, babies born with special needs are especially helped by nurturing, healing touch. Babies who may not be able to see or hear will be able to feel love and affection through the warmth of your hands and your soothing massage strokes. with these children, baby massage is an excellent communication skill. Special needs babies benefit greatly from the extra attention, love and comfort that massage offers. A daily all-over massage, with extra attention paid to the relevant reflexology points, can help optimize the baby's development.
yes I read the book front to back before I gave Charlee her first baby massage and yes I am gonna say it helped her greatly infact I swear it helped relieve her colic and even some of her gas and constipation. because after her first massage was complete she let out some gas and pooped big time lol.
before attempting any massage technique on your baby please discuss it with your childs pediatrician first whats safe for some is not safe for all.
I chose the most quitest and warmest room in the house to give Charlee her massage which happened to be the dining room at her changing table. i didnt use any massage oils at first but she had bedtime lotion on. now we use a semi warm bottle of johnson and johnson lavender bedtime massage gel/
I also chose to give her a massage when she was most colicky which for us is 10pm
![]() |
| crying before the massage wearing her baby massage onsie sized 0-6 months |
Audrianna also loves her massages but there not as long cause she cant sit still lol.
the next item i was given to review was the hands to feet massage book. with massage socks. I am still reading this book but i have always loved a good foot massage who doesn't I also got a 2nd onsie and a pair of sexy love socks which i have yet to try but plan to.
A little about the Michelle
WELLNESS & TOUCH THERAPY EXPERT - Featured expert & host in the #1 massage DVD series in the world (Gaiam/Living Arts)
AUTHOR - #1 best-selling author of books on Reflexology & Baby Massage:
"Hands on Feet" & "Hands on Baby Massage"
ENTREPRENEUR - Founder of Basic Knead & Inventor of products including the original "Reflexology Sox"
- over half a million pairs sold.
anyways i was told i could do a giveaway and choose one winner to win the sexy love socks, a pair of reflexology foot socks, and 1 baby massage onsie sorry no books.
or I could choose 3 yes 3 winners 1 winner per item tho so one person would win the onsie, 1 the reflexology socks and another winner the sexy love socks
well being the holiday season and the fact that I love all of my followers I have decided to choose 3 winners :)
I am giving this giveaway til December 26th noon est
Mandatory Entries
1. First off leave your email with each comment or atleast one of them so I know where to reach you if you win.
2. Follow Basic Knead on Facebook let her know I sent you and thank her
3. Follow Basic Knead on Twitter and Tweet About This giveaway using @basicknead and @momtoablessing
4. check out the Basic Knead Website and tell me which of the 3 products you would like to win and why?
5. You Must follow me Publically via Google Friend Connect
Other ways to enter
1. Please follow my friends blog via GFC shes looking for new fans and has a giveaway going on right now and will have other fun thing comming up 5 yes 5 extra entries
2. Follow me on twitter @momtoablessing
3. Ask me anything anout audrianna or my family





20 comments:
Im following Basic Knead on FB
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
Im following Basic Knead on Twitter
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
I tweeted the giveaway
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
I follow mom to a blessing on GFC
i would love to get a pair of those sexy love sox. my bedroom is in some serious need of excitement
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
I follow mom to a blessing on twitter
stacey_gane@yahoo.com
follow basic knead on fb
tannis_z at excite dot com
I would choose the baby massage onesie, although the sexy love socks could be kind of fun!
tannis_z at excite dot com
follow queen of Stac-E blog
tannis_z at excite dot com
fan of basic need on facebook as allison killgore king
hannahsking at gmail dot com
Follow Basic Need on Twitter as @allisonisqueenb
hannahsking at gmail dot com
http://twitter.com/allisonisqueenb/status/15956914017927168
tweeted about the giveaway
hannahsking at gmail dot com
Follow you on gfc
hannahsking at gmail dot com
follow you on twitter as @allisonisqueenb
hannahsking at gmail dot com
Follow Queen Stac-e of Free on gfc
hannahsking at gmail dot com
entry 1
Follow Queen Stac-e of Free on gfc
hannahsking at gmail dot com
entry 2
Follow Queen Stac-e of Free on gfc
hannahsking at gmail dot com
entry 3
Follow Queen Stac-e of Free on gfc
hannahsking at gmail dot com
entry 5
I would like to win the Baby massage shirt. I always massage my kids after their baths and would love tips on how to improve techniques or areas that I am missing. thanks for the chance to win :)
hannahsking at gmail dot com
Hmmm...If I could ask you one question...What is your biggest fear as a parent of a special needs child?
hannahsking at gmail dot com
Post a Comment