Sunday, August 15, 2010

Welcome to the World Charlee Marion

ok this post has taken me like 3 days  to put up so I am just gonna copy and paste my birth story from babycenter.
baby's name: Charlee Marion




Date of Birth: August 10, 2010



Original due Date : August 15th, 2010



Weeks Pregnant : 39



Weight, Height: 5lbs 15oz 18 inches long



Birth story: On Monday I brought my 5 yr old to physical therapy first we dropped off her dad at his job. Then we headed to her PT appointment i felt fine just some mild contractions and by mild I mean very mild. then we came home and laid on the couch around noon cause my daughter wanted a nap. She didnt end up sleeping just laying next to me while I napped for a half hr. when I woke up I was having bad cramps. So I decided to call my obv's office since I had also been loosing tons of mucous plug the past 3 days so much I started to wonder if it was normal. My daughters PCA went with me to the ob's cause my ob said to come in. he checked me I was still 2CM dialated my cervix hadnt thinned and she was as far back in my pelvis as possible. My OB said he thought I would end up going beyond my due date.



anyways I went home and relaxed stayed quiet cause I was sore. Got my 5 yr old asleep by 7 and my fiance put her upstairs to bed. i sat on the couch and watched tv he went to bed cause he had to wake up nice and early for work. At 11pm I got up off the couch and packed his lunch then I was in bed by 12pm. 3am I woke up which is the usual time I wake up. I felt like I needed to pee which is a normal occurance at that time for me. So I climbed outta bed. as soon as I stood up I felt a big gush of fluid go dowm my legs. so i walked over to my fiances side of the bed and calmly woke him up told him my water broke and I went downstairs to call the night nurse at my ob's office. She told me to eat something, take a shower then when the contractions got really bad to come in. well 15 min later just as my daughters sitter came to the house I was having contractions and a ton of pressure so my fiance and I headed to the hospital. when i got there things progressed but not much I was 2cm dialated still but cause my water broke I was staying, So they get me a room and by this point everything was very intense so I got on the birthing ball while in the shower it helped alot i wanna say I was in there for an hr or 2 and able to handle the contractions really well then they started getting extremly intense. they tried to give me something to take the edge off my contractions and help me sleep. It was the scariest drug ever made me feel really really loopy and gave me the weirdest dreams. It didnt work for very long at this point I was finally 5cm dialated and they decided they would finally order me an epidural. They were trying to see how long I could go without one. They did it in perfect time cause i went from 5-9 cm in record time lol. they did lose her hear rate so i had ttto switch positions to get it back, i ended up on my right side and her heart rate stayed. anyways as 12:23pm on 8-10-10 after 7 pushes Charlee was born. Shes small for her gestational age and they think she really was 38 weeks not 39. All seems ok we came home today she did fail her hearing test so she goes to get her hearing checked on august 24th. and her bilirubin levels were elevated today so she needs to have them rechecked tommorow morning at her peds office. She came out and found her fingers instantly and has been a finger sucker ever since. She was badly tongue tied so they fixed that were now working on her latch while nursing.

No comments: