Wednesday, January 28, 2009

update

Audrianna was admitted to the hospital last night. I had made an appointment yesterday for Audrianna to see her pediatrician just to make sure she wasn't comming down with some virus or infection that was causing the seizures or something. I ended up with an appointment for 4pm. well Audriannas school nurse called me yesterday to tell me Audrianna had one seizure that didnt last long. And she still hadn't wet her diaper the last time she had peed was 4pm the night before and she barely moistened her diaper. but she was still drinking and the nurse said yesterday that she was acting really thirsty and drinking alot including the gravy to her mashed potatotoes at lunch. Anyways a bout two hrs go by and the school nurse calls again and says Audrianna has had a few more seizures and if I can come to the school and get her cause they didnt want to call 911 and give Audrianna diastat just in case it was just audrianna being tired. So I get off the phone and call her pediartrician to see if we can get an earlier appointment the nurse there tells us that Audriannas pediatrician wants her to go to the er and get some fluids since she still hadn't wet a diaper. So I get the hospital bag ready and Audriannas meds just incase we have to stay over nite and I head to the school to pick up Audrianna. When I get there Audrianna seems really out of it and very quite. the nurse said she was like that the whole day and a few times she would cryt for no reason. So I get her together and we head off to the hospital on the way to the hospital Audrianna has what I believe are two seizures I panic a bit and somehow get myself a little lost getting to the hospital the hospital we have been to a million times. In the process Audrianna falls asleep. We get to the hospital Triage takes Audrianna right in. then rather quickly we are in the pedi erim sure alot had to do with the fact that the staff knows us well and audriannas health problems. While waitin to be seen by a dr which seemed like it took forever I see audrianna stare off a lot of times but I am not sure there seizures cause they are so brief. She gets her vitals checked all that seems fine no fever. She again only moistens her diaper a little. A dr finally looks at her watches her a bit he also notices the frequent staring off episodes that are close together but don't last long. He Decides these are definatly seizures. They give her an iv and fluids. She gets a cath and to everyones surprise Audrianna had a completly full bladder she completly soaked the bed and peed obviosuly out of teh cath tube. The nurse comes in and gives audrianna ativan to stop the seizures well what they hope will stop the seizures because Audrianna was having alot of them. Around 9 we finally get admitted to the infant and childrens unit which was full but they were able to get us a room and a bed. Audrianna finally falls asleep at 1am they started her on the zonegram last night and after the ativan her seizures seemed to have stopped. when she woke up today she was really stiff and tired still then around noon she gets theres little spurts of enegry. After the dr sees her happy he says now theres the audrianna wwe know. Well 10 minutes later Audrianna has a seizure. Then an hr later another one. We were supposed to go home today but they want to watch her and give her an eeg lus they need to get the seizures under control. I am not gonna complain cause theres a storm outside. Audrianna has finally fallen asleep. She doesnt want to drink and all shes eaten today is a cup and 1/2 of vanilla pudding. Her GI dr wants her to probably be admitted when shes better and do the gtube cause right now they need to focus on teh seizures and why shes having so many. Her platlette count is also a little low. So right now all we need is prayers that whatevers going on doesnt get worse and that she eats and drinks soon

No comments: