So I did some research about other options for treating seizures now I remember the neurologist talking about nerve stimulation and surgery. Soo i look up other treatments for seizures to figure out what he is talking about I come across this
Vagus Nerve Stimulation
http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/vns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagus_nerve_stimulation
obviously brain surgery is scary ech surgery they do for sizures has a classification depending on what kind of seizure and where the seizures are comming from and every surgery seems to have to deal with removing a part of the brain which can mean loss of functions. No way in hell am i gonna put my daughter through that i just can't
Ketogenic diet I have heard some good things about but obviously that means a change in lifestyle
What happens first?
Typically the diet is started in the hospital. The child usually begins by fasting (except for water) under close medical supervision for 24 hours. For instance, the child might go into the hospital on Monday, start fasting at 6 p.m. and continue to have only water until 6 a.m. on Tuesday. The diet is started at that point, either by slowly increasing the calories or the ratio. This is the typical Hopkins protocol. There is growing evidence that fasting is probably not necessary for long-term efficacy, although does lead to quicker onset of ketosis. The primary reason for admission in most centers is to monitor for any increase in seizures on the diet, ensure all medications are carbohydrate-free, and educate the families.
So u know me of course its almost 1am and here I am freakibng out. I think I may see if we can try the ketogenic diet first. But we definatly ened prayers for audrianna,
Lets see possible feeding tube we will find out ion thursday, then she has a nerve block procedure on feb 18th at 8:30 am and on Feb 3rd we find out what the enxt step is for controlling her seizures. It seems to be hitting us in one clump now. Oh and to top it off AuDrianna has not reached any milestones or done anything knew and according to the drs she has been 37 inches long for awhile and she hasnt relaly gained much weight. And she has to see her pediatrician tommorow I need to make an appointmemnt. And she also needs to have her platletes checked again cause the periactin might have been what caused the low platletes and blood cell counts last time and since shes on it again they want her to get weekly blood tests. yeah I am pretty much on the verge of tears.

1 comment:
Oh sweetie... I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that things turn out OK
Post a Comment