So a couple months ago I wanna say around my first pregnancy chekup I read an article in a magazine about the healthy baby bounty bag. I said to myself thats neat but didnt really look into it to much further. Then when I was looking up breastfeeding support samples, and other baby samples I came across www.cottonwoodkids.com and their healthy baby bounty bag and decided to look into it further. what it is is like the diaper bags you get at the hospital full of formula samples ect but what if ur a new mom and don't plan to formula feed ur baby at all but u plan to breastfeed instead. I know when audrianna was born I didnt really think to much of the diaper bag i got full of all sorts of samples cause well lets face it samples are nice. and the formula didnt really bother me because we planned to supplement with formula with audrianna since i was gonna be going back to work ect. Anyway this time around I plan to exclusively breastfeed that means no baby formula at all. and I have already gotten samples in the mail from enfamil and simalac and its kinda annoying, I did get a lovely baggie of samples from lansinoh tho with samples of there products which i was very pleased with. So anyways the healthy baby bounty bag is a nice green thermal bag with 100% recyclable exterior. each bag contains a nice variety of samples and coupons that are only directed to breastfeeding support. That means theres no bottles, no pacifiers, and NO FORMULA.
I e-mailed the creator of healthy baby bounty bags after seeing that the hospital that I will be delivering the new baby at does not hand these out. And neither does the hospital audrianna was born at. And asked how I would be able to get one of these bags. He emailed me back a few hours later and said that he would be willing to ship me one of the bags within a couple days. Well today I opened my mailbox and inside the mailbox other then some bills lol was a package and u can guess what was in the package my healthy baby bounty bag. So I brought it in the house and let audrianna open it. Inside the green bag was the following :
2- Sani kids antimicrobial hand wipes
1- Boogie wipes saline wipes for stuffy noses sample (I have bought these and love them. They work great at getting the crusty stuff around audriannas feeding tube off)
2-mothers milk tea packets with a coupon for 75 cents off one box.
1- small packet of seventh generation chlorine free baby wipes (I have always been curious about the seventh generation baby products)
a card with latch on tips from lansinoh
1 sears portrait studio savings card
1- lansinoh breastmilk storage bag
1- small tube aquaphor healing ointment with a dollar off coupon (we use this on auds)
2- lanisnoh disposable nursing pads
and a coupon book from cottonwood-kids
with coupons for products from lansinoh, bravado nursing products, bebe aulait, seventh generation, boogie wipes, sani-hands, erg baby carrier (we have one and love it)
Baby stay asleep, belly bar.
I will be sending an email thanking them for sending me the bag I plan to bring it with me in august when lil baby unknown is born and hopefully can get our local hspital to carry these bags. The coupons are all good til december of 2010 which gives me plenty of time to use the coupons and stock up on some of the products.
We have also decided to give cloth diapering another go. with audrianna we started off so late with her and didnt use cloth for long. But we do still occasionally use gdiapers on her which is a cloth diaper cover with a disposable liner.
So I went to a child's garden in northampton wow d I love the place but haven't been there in awhile I wanna say since auds was 3 yrs old maybe 4. and decided it was a great idea to see what options they had for cloth diapers plus i had a coupon from a pregnany magazine for a free bumgenius all in one with the purchase of any bumgenius,ecobum, or flip purchase of 10.00 of more. and was really curious to see what a flip r an ecobum were since they are new. They had both in stock I decided to go with ecobum, I got the starter pack which has,
it comes with 2 one size diaper covers, and 12 prefolds, and u can use disposable inserts too. The best part is u only need to toss the prefolds in the laundry when soiled and the covers only if they get soiled, I bought a pack of the disposable inserts too and of course got my free bumgenius diaper too. bught the disposable inserts for those long outtings like when were in boston and we might be gone for a few days away from a washing machine. or even just for a long ride. we can also use the gdiaper liners in them too which i still have 2 packages of. I like the flip disposable liners cause they cost me 5.00 a pack and seem thinner then the gdiaper liners which were much more expensive, I also bought a small wetbag to store cloth wipes or one dirty cloth diaper, the wetbag came with some cloth wipes in it. I use the cloth wipes usually for just pee or for washcloths. I will take some pics later and post them cause audriannas been a bit difficult today. Thankfully I chose to make corned beef and cabbage in the crockpot today because theres no way she was gonna let me make dinner the way shes been. So atleast i was able to prep that and put it in the crckpot while she was still copperative in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment