Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hearing Concerns

I have been putting it off well not really everytime the appointment has come up we have had to cancel cause audrianna has surgery or another appointment or is plan old to sick to go. To her hearing follow up. She was evaluated last year or maybe the year before that for her hearing and they said she had amazing hearing she passed her hearing test with flyin colors she could hear even the quiet noises that I couldnt hear. But I have noticed in the past few months that certain noises now seem to bother her ears usuallu the right ear way more then the left. If I raise my voice slightly to tell her no or I change my tone of voice she covers her ear, If a dog barks anywhere near her she covers her ear and cries, Today her dad accidently slammed the door upstairs and audrianna and I were on the couch downstairs and she covered her right ear and cried and held her ear for a good 3 minutes. The home nurse has noticed this too when there listening to audriannas radio in her room if the volume changes slightly it startles her. It really really bothers me cause she did have perfect vision at somepoint or atleast we were told that and then she fails the non verbal vision test, She has perfect hearing one minute and now she seems to have a hearing sensitivity and of course I am a big google person and I know that hearing sensitivity can mean deafness, Maybe I shouldn't google things But usually when it comes to audrianna I am right or maybe I should just go to college and study to be a dr. There are ear problems in the family. My sister had tubes in her ears when she was little, my uncle has hearing aides but hes not in my immediate family hes my aunts husband and my aunt is my moms sister. I used to get quite a few ear infections when I was little. Audrianna has had atleast 3. Im not sure if maybe audriannas hearing sensitivity has something to do with her sensory issues. So I think I will call the hearing specialist on monday, My cousins wife is the receptionist there and she keeps asking me at family gatherings when audrianna is gonna go in for an appointment so its definatly time to make one.

No comments: