Thursday, April 16, 2009

She was APPROVED!!!!!

So today was a busy busy day that ended at 9pm for us. Today we had our intake evaluation for A at home nurse. The intake took 2hrs it was a bunch of questions about audriannas drs, medications, diagnoses, ect. Well anyways Audrianna was approved for 28hrs a week of at home nursing care which means 4hrs a day. Sooo Audriannas visiting nurse comes out tommorow shes the one we have through the hospital but she was only comming for a short time. She did the referral for us to get a nurse full time for Audrianna so I am gonna ask her if shes available 4hrs a day to come to our house for Audrianna. It would be 3pm-7pm so from when audrianna gets hoem from school til when she goes to bed at night. It sucks in a way that audriannas health has gotten to a point where she needs a nurse. But in a way I am relieved because now i can get things done around the house and not worry about if audriannas in the living room on the couch and having a seizure or not ect. I spend every waking monet with audrianna and taking care of audrianna I never have time to sit and breath.

Then today after the case worker left I rushed over to salvation army with audrianna because well shes getting pretty chubby She has no clothes that fit her well for pants we are getting there with shirts tho. And since we are pretty broke I cant go buy her new clothes so we got approved for a 50.00 voucher for clothes for audrianna and myself and her dad. I was also told to see what they had for clothes at the salvation army building not the store cause they had clothes too but they didnt have any clothes in the size I needed for audrianna. They also gave us some frozen food. and a referall fopr the food pantry yea it really sux right now for us. oh and they gave us 3 tickets for the shrine circus on may 1st so we can take audrianna out for something fun. Then we came home picked up her dad went and got grandma from work then it was off to the surgeons for a follow up visit from her surgery. Audrianna weighed in at 28 1/2 lbs but that was fully clothed and with shoes and a wet diaper on. when the nurse weighed her at home two days ago she was 27lbs 4 oz, He also took the stitches out today and then recovered the mic-key button with a new gauze bandage and some new tegaderm tape. I dont think he took the stitches out where they sutured her belly button from going laproscopically for the mic-key button, Yuck tho the gauze was gross and audriannas belly is a lil irritated from the tape and the oozing shes got going on. The surgeon said the nurse could change the bandages in a few days and audrianna can get a tubby lol yep he called bath time tubby. So Audrianna can finally go in the tub. Im gonna let the nurse do it tho since Audrianna is still sore and tender.

After that I drove her dad to his old job at the car dealership so he could talk to his old boss about getting his job back they said they need drivers on occasion to go pick up or deliver cars to the auction so when they need a driver and noone is available they will definatly call him. The job doesnt pay much but its something.

Then we went to the salvation army thrift store so I could get audrianna some clothes with the voucher they didnt have a lot in the size she needs and I didnt find much for myself and they had nothing in her dads size. But we did get somethings. Tommorow I am gonna bring her old clothes to the salvation army office building and donate them there so that people who need clothes for there kids but cant afford them can have something.

I also need to go to the food pantry tommorow we didnt get there in time today it was already closed.

My head is killing me tho so I am gonna end this audrianna just started sleeping through the night but shes up around 6-7am everyday. And things have been soo busy I havent had a chance to breath or watch tv nuttin. So I really need rest before I run myself into exhaustion which I am pretty close. Tommorow I think I am gonna start taking a daily picture of audrianna and document her weight gain progress

3 comments:

Kiera said...

Jenny - I am so glad to hear that she was approved and you are going to have a little help around the house at nights. Keep us posted on how you and her are doing.

ellen :) said...

Yah!! That's great! We always go to the Shrine circus!! We go on Saturday afternoon, though, and usually without Sammy, because of the noise..i was thinking about taking him this year...so what size is little Aud in now?? Is she up to like a 4T now?? So glad to hear she's chunking right up!! I love to hear it!! :)

momtoablessing said...

nope shes 5-6t isnt that crazy. Shes quite the lil ham lol. i still need to upload some pics