So I thought we were gonna get a good nights sleep then at midnite I woke up I chose to sleep on the pull out bed while aud slept on the hospital bed because she looked so comfortable I didnt want to bother her. So midnite comes around I hear her screaming so I quickly wake up and see 4 nurses huddled around her and I was like geeze now whats going on. Then I see a nurse trying to put the oxygen nose thing back on audrianna. So I said whats wrong and they said her 02 levels pretty low again. well Audrianna kept fighting them so they put the freedom sleeves arm restraints on her yea freedom sleeves nice name huh... Then they get some mucous out of her mouth with the yanker. Then they come up with the xray machine to take an xray and make sure she doesnt have pnemonia. so after all that hectic mess I climbed in bed with audrianna and we both fell asleep she wanted to lay on me so I let her. Then i woke up around 2am audrianna was breathing funny so I sat up with audrianna and reached for the nurse button the nurse came and by then aud was breathing ok wasnt the best but she was ok. so audrianna and I feel nack to sleep an hr later I wake up to audrianna breathing funny again then she started to cough alot she had some mucous in her mouth so i went to get the yanker to suction it out. i sat her up in bed and she threw up everywhere i ra out grabbed the nurse audrianna had thrown up the stuff shes getting through her mic-key button. we cleaned her up the nurse went to get her some clean linens thankfully i grabbed a towel and had it covering audrianna cause she through up again then when i got her dressed she threw up again then another 3 times. So there saying her stomach isnt tolerating the feeds well the rate of formular going into her belly. They are gonna try again at 6pm tonite but start off slow again
p.s. this entry took me hrs to type audrianna has been up since 4am screaming and thrashing and biting and hitting my arms and neck have bite marks and clawmarks and bruises from her. My whole body is killing me. We have a roomate and they have guests alot and phone calls all hrs of the night the nurse and I have figured it out that its the noise that is upsetting audrianna which is a new thing.

2 comments:
Jenny, I am so sorry you are having a hard time still! I am saying a prayer for sleep for both of you tonight! Hopefully they can straighten out her feeds, too...
I know it isn't the best day for it, but just wanted to wish Aud a Happy 4th Birthday! Tell her Sammy and Ellen are sending her hugs!
Thanks ellen
Post a Comment