Thursday, February 28, 2008

Trip to the vets

So we took the kitty to the vets today actually shes not quite a kitty shes according to the Vet 16 yrs old because thats how old long ago we started taking her to that vet but she is in fact older than that. Anyways we took miss Playful to the Vet today she has had a growth on her face that has gotten much bigger. We were suppossed to get it removed awhile back but With Audrianan sick or in the hospital so much we never got to it plus since at the time the vet didnt know what it was it was going to cost us 800.00 to have the growth removed and biopsied and have her few teeth that she has left cleaned. Well anyways the growth had become the size of a golf ball and teh vet that looked at it today said its definatly a cyst so they drained it yep really gross I know. She did say it definatly would cost us less then 800.00 but this is also the same vet that estimated our total at the end a little wrong. So Because playful is losing lots of hair yes I know cats shed shes a short hair calico and the amount of hair she is losing is not shedding she even has soem bald spots. Shes also drinking alot of water i am filling her water dish a good 4 or more times a day. So they decided to get a urine sample and do blood work to find out if there is something else going on so a good 202.00 and an hr later we are on our way out the door with a very upset cat. And now its just a wait till tommorow for a call from the vet with results.
We also need positive vibes and prayers for my fiance he is going in for a job interview at Marcotte Ford he will be driving cars to and from auctions ect. And he will be making an ect 80.00 more then what hes making at his current job now i am not sure if thats an week or a month I am thinking a week. Which is good seeing as at his job now hes only been bringing home like 86.00 a week.
No new news on the house I am guessing we still are not closing tommorow.
Oh and I dont know where Audrianna learned it but she now signs milk. I knew the sign for milk already and last night she started opening and closing her hand which is really strange for her cause she is so hightone. So shje kept doing it so I finally said " Audrianna do you want milk?" and she started clapping like good job mommy you finally figured it out then she kept signing it till I brought her a cup of milk. ( It was actually strawberry pediasure) which we refer to as strawberry milk. I am so proud of her so looks like I will be working even harder on sign language with her

1 comment:

Kiera said...

Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. We had a diabetic cat for many years and I know exactly what you are going through. Keep us posted