Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Intrathecal Baclofen Trial

I Was gonna try and keep an updated going on here but I did on my facebook. Audrianna had her ITB Trial today she also got a phenol injection in her left leg. We woke up at 4am and headed out the door to Franciscan Children's hospital in Boston at 4;30am To be there for 6:30am we arrived there at 6am and sat in the car for 20 minutes so Audrianna could sleep a little longer. She was put under with anesthesia around 7:30am it was so much harder this time. She was so happy until her and I went into the OR as soon as she saw the equipment for the anesthesia she freaked out then once they put the mask on her she started screaming and crying and repeating no, no, no then she said mommy no, and she pointed to the anesthesiologist and said bad. It broke my heart and she fought til she couldnt fight anymore. The procedure went well took about 45 minutes. when we started to walk to recovery to see her we could hear her screaming. I brought her her fave pooh bear and her paci and she calmed a little. She was not allowed to sit up and had to lay on her back for an hr they were hoping she would fall asleep but she didnt she just kept trying to fight but she did good, then the 2nd hour she could be at a 30 degree angle. thenthe 3rd hour she was allowed to get into the wheelchair why we went over paperwork. the remaining 2 hrs we sat in one of her drs rooms so he could check on her since she had to be monitored for 5-6hrs to make sure she had no bad reactions or anything. she did very well and then the dr said he felt that she should get the intrathecal baclofen pump but we could discuss it more in 2 weeks when we go back. and he gave us a dvd on it to borrow and give back when we come back. I have so many mixed emotions on this obviously scared. He did tell us she would be sore and to take it easy cause she could get a spinal headache. Not only is she sore where the injection was on her back, but I am positive she has a headache and her left leg hurts from the phenol injection and her right foot where the iv was. No stretching on that foot for 3 days and no jumping and shes on motrin for the next three days. I am hoping she feels better by tommorow shes been given the okay to go to school just no physical therapy.

No comments: