This is about my life with my 5 yr old daughter who has mild to moderate spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Schizencephaly ,Partial Seizures, Allergies, Asthma. And the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis along with the new challenges that we will be faced with as our family expands to include another baby girl.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
another hospital stay
Audrianna spent another 2 nights in the hospital but we are home now thank god. It all started wednesday when we got home from the baclofen trial she was complaining a lil here and there about pain which we knew was normal didnt think much of it just gave her 10ml's of motrin dr prescribed. Thursday we sent her to school cause we got the go ahead from the dr. She did great until around 11am when the nurse called us she said audrianna was really tired and crying alot and asked if I could go and get her so of course mommy to the rescue I went to her school to get her. I walked down the hall to her classroom and I could hear her crying and when i walked in she was in her wheelchair crying and she just looked so pale and so exhausted so I got her and her things and we headed for home she screamed at the top of her lungs all the way home the school nurse said she seemed to be complaining of her heading hurting alot cause she kept holding her head. The dr in boston did warn us of a spinal headache. So we get home and she curls up on the couch and sleeps for a lil over an hr and then wakes up and is fine. Her home nurse came around 4pm and audrianna was fine all the way til bedtime when she fell asleep. She woke up friday morning was in a great mood happy, and laughing so I sent her off to school cause she was acting fine. Well 20 minutes after the bus gets her I get a phone call from the bus company that they are turning the bus around and bringing Audrianna home cause she had just thrown up all over the place. So about 20 minutes later the bus drops her off. she was doing alot of crying so I gave her some motrin and then she cuddled up on me and fell asleep that was around 10am around 1-2pm she woke up from her nap then was up for like and hr then fell asleep again for another hr. audrianna seemed fine after but she didnt eat dinner tho. When audrianna took her first nap I called her dr in boston cause she seemed like she was in alot of pain and I was really worried cause the fact that she threw up and seemed so tired. He told me he wasnt concerned but her back should still be hurting her and that there was a chance she has some spinal fluid leaking and could have a spinal headache. He said that if she threw up again, complained of a stiff neck, developed a fever or became very sensative to light to call him immediatly and if I couldnt reach him to rush her to the ER. So 7pm rolls around and I Give audrianna all her meds through her gtube. I turn to get the syringe of water to flush her tube and next thing u know audrianna starts looking funny so I said audrianna are u ok she shool her head no so I ran and grabbed a bowl. And has soon as I got it to her she threw up. So i call the dr in boston just to see if by chance maybe he was on call. Nope no luck so I get her in the car and its off to the hopsital. On the way there cause its a good 20 minutes away audrianna throws up a total of 7 times. then we get to the er they get her in real quick and check her vitals and such her temp was 94.7 under her arm and 96 rectally. so they bring us to the back but to the adult side of the er and of course we have to wait in teh hallway til they can find us a bed in the pedi er. well not to long after audrianna starts crying and whining and acting funny next thing I know shes throwing up again . The security guy that was standing there finally finds us a bucket for her to throw up in about 15 minutes later of audrianna screaming and throwing up a lil a nurse finally gets audrianna a room she gets seen relatively quick they do her vitals ect. she starts throwing up again but now shes dry heaving so they decide ok lets get an iv in her. then they start poking at her and she would scream alot when they ould get to her tummy so they ran an ultrasound came back fine, then an xray alo fine then they took a urine test and that came back fine. But because she was in so much pain they did give her an anti nausea med which stopped the vomiting. But around 4am they decided to admit her. Yesterday was ok only cause she slept like the whole day away she didnt want to eat and when she was awake she would just cry so they gave her tylenol for the pain. they didnt run her feeding tube cause they put her on bowel rest. but they did agressive iv fluid treatments. today she slept all day again but they decided to send us home cause she didnt have a fever and wasnt vomiting. Im not impressed at all. But the only reason i was ok with her going home is because we have a home nurse and audrianna already has an appointment scheduled with her ped tommorow cause of her cold last week. The nurse keeps saying how audriannas very droppy she doesnt like how audrianna is acting shes leaning to the right alot which is not normal. we are hoping she is just really tired cause shes been awake now since 4pm amd shes been playing abit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment