This is about my life with my 5 yr old daughter who has mild to moderate spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, Schizencephaly ,Partial Seizures, Allergies, Asthma. And the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis along with the new challenges that we will be faced with as our family expands to include another baby girl.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Every moms worst nightmare or atleast some
So on Wednesday I sent Audrianna off to school like usual she was geart happy and excited for another school day. Tuesday she had slept on and off most of the day but I figured she was just tired. Anyways i went with her dad to his house so he could change the locks that girl moved out yay. Anyways I ended up falling asleep on the couch I had set my alarm on my phone for 1:15pm so that we could get back to my house in time to get auds off the bus. My phone ends up ringing at 1pm I look its the number for the school I answer it but dont think much of it cause the school calls us often usually the nurse just to let us know how Audriannas doing cause sometimes she has a small seizure that last a few seconds. It ends up being the school nurse saying Audrianna had a seizure that she was unresponsive for 3 minutes and they administered the diastat and she was still unresponsive for another 4 minutes so they called 911 I said i'm on my way we were 5 minutes or so from the school. Audriannas dad pulls up to the school with his truck I see the ambulance and the school doors are wide open I hop out of the truck and go running into the school where they brief me a little on whats happened and then they start strapping audrianna into the gurney and we are off I rode in the ambulance with her they ended up giving her oxygen cause her breathing was low, her heart rate slowed a lil bit ect. And the emt tried to keep her awake till we got to the hospital when we got to the hospital we got right into the pedi er audrianna had her own room with a door which is good I didnt really want her getting anything else while there. We waited forever for a nurse to actually come in they asked some questions drew Audriannas blood and put an iv in. They tested her levels and her platlette count both came back fine at this point Audrianna was asleep they said they were just gonna watch her til the diastat wore off. They ran some more blood tests which came back normal after being there for 4 hrs we were sent home and told she could go back to school the next day. She barely touched her food that night and was in bed by 7pm as usual. The next day I sent her to school cause she was acting fine she didnt eat much of her breakfast but thats typical for her. The nurse ended up calling me twice Audrianna had 3 small seizures 15seconds long each withing a 45 minute time period I told her to call audriannas neurologist the neurologists secretary called me sid the neurologist wanted me to give Audrianna an extra 4 mls of depokene she was increased to 4ml's 3xs a day after her seizure at school so she ended up having it 4xs yesterday instead of three just for that day. When she got off her bust at 230pm she was crying the aide and the bus driver were worried they said she cried the whole way from the school and she never does that. I gave her her second dose of depokene then we had a meeting at the house with a community outreach worker the school referred us to one she watched and evaluated Audrianna at the school and was gonna watch and evaluate her at home and offer us suggestions and Audriannas teacher suggestions on how to get Audrianna to eat better because the school is concerned about Audriannas eating cause she doesnt eat alot, and her attention span and she also has some behavior problems. She was at the house for about 30 minutes we tried to get audrianna to have a snack but she wouldnt so shes comming back out next friday at 5pm during dinnertime to see Audrianna eat. We also have another augmentative communication appointment in boston at the childrens hospital on Monday hoping we have no more seizures. once the lady left Audrianna was so sleepy she could barely crawl without falling over when she did crawl to me she lifted her arms up so I picked her up and within minutes she was fast asleep so I ended up laying on the couch with her I turned on the tv and watched the new unsolved mysteries well atleast tried to I must have been tired cause I fell asleep. I woke up at 430pm to my exys great uncle making all sorts of racket 7 minutes later Audrianna woke up and it was time for her third dose of meds. Then I made her dinner which she barely touched and she was given her 4th dose of meds at 7pm and put to bed. shes going to school today I am praying things go well
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment